Senior Project Coordinator
Candidates interested in applying for the position should send their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by August, 24, 2020 . The subject of the email should state the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization.
JOB TITLE: Senior Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Beirut, Lebanon
ABAAD – Resource Centre for Gender Equality is a UN ECOSOC-accredited organization that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region.
The Senior Project Coordinator leads all project coordinators and ensures that efficient and quality project management standards are applied. S/He assists in identifying and resolving all issues efficiently for all projects. S/He coordinates with the Senior Implementation Coordinator and Senior Grants & Partnerships Coordinator to monitor all phases of project management cycles and maintain project objectives within the required timeframe and budget.
Post holder reports to: Head of Programs
- Work with ABAAD Head of Programs to develop and maintain standardized project management tools and guidelines
- Provide support and guidance to project coordinators on project management cycle
- Supervise project coordinators to ensure projects are implemented in an efficient manner
- Provide day-to-day support and coordination, including administrative and financial support. address issues and report any challenges or bottlenecks to Head of Programs;
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to update implementation plan accordingly;
- Monitor adherence to grant agreements, policies and procedures and relevant external and internal rules and regulations;
- Contribute to quarterly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements;
- Support in building the capacities project coordinators on donor guidelines and requirements and project management tools
- Ensure MEL and detailed implementation plans, stakeholder analysis, risk matrix and relevant tools are developed and in place for each grant
- Ensure the budgets are managed effectively, value for money is obtained, and all expenditure authorized appropriately, supported with documentation, and in line with policies/procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of activities, monthly expenditure reports against approved budgets and log frames
- Ensure funds expenditures within budget parameters, in line with programme activity plans and financial policies and no over or under spend
Programme Quality Delivery:
- Regular/ Routine monitoring of the projects work plans, financial/cash flows, and milestones.
- Coordination with grants unit to ensure projects adhere to the quality benchmarks (SoPs, Sectors Guidelines, partnership guidelines as well)
- Maintain a close working relationship with technical teams to support coherence in approaches, raising and follow up on key issues and strategy development.
- Coordination and production of project reports and other deliverables.
- Organize and participate in field visits by donors and partners
- Support monitoring and evaluation efforts to document project outputs, outcomes, and impact to inform donor and other internal reporting;
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Ensure the project progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection, analysis of indicators and activities and documented with proper sources of verification;
- Advise project team to adapt implementation of the project according to monitoring and evaluation findings;
- Advise on and assist with project reviews conducted by internal and external monitoring and evaluation team;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management (NGO is a must)
- University degree in social science or related discipline, including gender and development;
- Proven track record of working in a similar capacity with the national and/or international NGOs in the region; familiarity with US, EU and UN requirements
- Knowledge of gender and gender equality;
- Highly skilled in report writing in both languages (Arabic and English – French is a plus);
- Excellent oral English and Arabic communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
Demonstrated capacity to innovate and think creatively
- Efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Calm in stressful situations
- Identifies priority activities and assignments