To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday, October 18th 2019 COB.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
This is a fixed-term contract role and all applicants must have the right to live and work in Lebanon. Consultants will need to make arrangements for the payment of their own tax.
ISD seeks to engage a Project coordinator consultant to work with the SCN and National PVE Unit in Lebanon. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years’ project coordination or management experience, and the ability to coordinate and manage all aspects of project delivery, ensuring that the activities meets its targets. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for project delivery in close coordination with the SCN team and the National Unit for PVE and project partners. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating a National “Call for Proposals” activity encouraging municipalities and Civil Society organisations to implement localised PVE activities.
The consultant will need to work as part of a small team in Lebanon and with others internationally. The position is a full-time role based between the National PVE unit (4 days) and the SCN office in Beirut (1 day).
The deliverables for this placement will include but not be limited to:
- General project coordination and support
- Liaising and close cooperation with SCN staff, National Unit for PVE consultants and partners based in Lebanon and London, ensuring excellent internal communications across a global team
- Planning and designing criteria’s, selection of municipalities, process, etc. for the “Call for Proposals” activity in coordination with SCN
- Supporting the launching of the teacher training manual in coordination with SCN team
- Identifying with the PVE unit, in coordination with SCN, new potential municipalities for the establishment of PVE networks
- Support in the capacity development of new Focal Points and municipalities
- Support and administrate small grants/Call for proposals and the appointment of and liaison with local partners
- Providing support for SCN during exchange meetings and workshops between Netherlands and Lebanon
- Reporting and documentation of activities and meetings
- Coordinate and regularly update the timeline/documents related to the partnership between SCN and the PVE unit
- Fostering a positive and collaborative team environment
We seek an experienced, proactive and dedicated consultant to work with the SCN team and National Unit for PVE to ensure our ambitious plans in the region are achieved. The successful candidate will be a collaborative and solutions-focused professional with the ability to work to deadline and produce outputs to a high quality. We welcome applications from Consultants who meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, international development, political science, sociology or a related discipline
- Exceptional written and spoken Arabic (native) and English
- Strong local awareness, with a familiarity and cultural awareness of working in Lebanon
- Clear, fluent and concise oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in project and budget coordination and management
- Ability to develop and lead on prevention/intervention mechanisms
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including colleagues, governments, international institutions, civil society organisations, policymakers, community leaders and frontline practitioners
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and respond proactively
- Experience in leading and delivering events, trainings and high-level meetings
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Previous experience working with government/ municipalities, civil society and/ or international organisations in Lebanon/ MENA region
- 2-3 years of P/CVE and/or peace building project experience
- Sound political judgement, diplomatic awareness, and policy leadership