Branch Office Assistant
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and Cover Letter to the email address: [email protected]
The title of the e-mail should be "Candidate's Name - Position".
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates who pass the written test will be invited for an interview.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
MSF has been working continuously in Lebanon since 2008. Today our operational teams work all over the country delivering quality, free of charge medical care to those who need it.
MSF Lebanon Branch office is part of the MSF international movement. Our team is composed of 20 full time employees based in Beirut and Cairo working together in the areas of international field recruitment, communications and medical operational support.
From Lebanon and Egypt, we work regionally and contribute globally to MSF’s medical humanitarian response.
Support the growth and further establishment of MSF LB branch by carrying out, financial and logistical tasks, ensuring a smooth office administration through well documented and coordinated processes
Tasks to be completed under supervision of the Head of Support Services:
- Assist with finance activities as requested, including monthly billing, tracking and reimbursements
- Handle day-to-day petty cash; ex: Paying suppliers, reimbursing staff & other operational cash payments with the support and validation of the budget holder
- Track all petty cash transactions, undergo physical count of cash on daily/weekly basis and update related records regularly
- Ensures received invoices and documents from suppliers / partners are accurate, include the full details, and are compliant with the auditing policies
- Request & ensure all monthly settlements are recorded and documented.(scanned, filed, saved and shared with the Head of Support Services)
- Follow up on invoices and payments’ validation with Head of Departments
- Prepare validated payment requests, and submit it to HQ in a timely manner, in order to process payments
- Assist the Head of Support services in the prevision of monthly treasury and cost planning for fund requests
- Carry out accounting tasks and activities including effective data entry on the accounting software, filing, following up on signatures.
- Ensure accounting data entry is in line with the budget categories and accounts.
- Ensure strict control on all expenditures, and effective payment procedures are applied
Logistics, IT, and Procurement:
- Procure supplies, equipment, and materials for all activities/ departments;
- Coordinate and follow up with the supply team on quotations and purchases
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and service providers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Ensure the procurement process is aligned with the branch’s policies and procedures
- Prepare and draft a summary for the received quotations and share with line manager for selection
- Monitor and track the inventory of office assets and supplies in coordination with the line manager
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for staff; booking flights, accommodation, transportation, in collaboration with HR department.
- Draft agreements in parallel with the relevant department for new supplier, contractor, and/or Sub contractor.
- Update suppliers list regularly including all related categories & contact details
- Work on relevant estimated pricing lists to support the supply team when needed.
- Receive and check deliveries to ensure that the correct amount and type of stock is delivered.
- Perform regular checks on office supplies and report updates accordingly
- Ensure laptops, phones and other supplies are available for new joiners
- Ensure all laptops are backed up and formatted upon a staff’s departure.
- Manage incoming post, opening mail and distributing it internally.
- Manage outgoing post, including parcel deliveries.
- Participate in meetings regarding Office management for the building, and take active part in the coordination of facility services.
- Office Premises Security brief for office employees (including keys and access control)
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Preferably, a Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or any related field.
- Previous experience in Finance, Office management, and/or experience in a similar position is preferred
- Fluently Arabic and English
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritise and manage tasks in a complex structure despite competing deadlines.
- Ability and experience in adapting to multiple systems & processes
- Other competences: team player, multitasker, striving for high performance, proactivity, strong initiative and self-motivation, Strong coordination- and communication skills, and ability to handle stress.