Psycho-social support Officer
Interested candidates are requested to:1- Send the CV and cover letter to [email protected], 2- Subject of email should be the position title. Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or what their circumstances. A key tenant of our values is to ensure staff, volunteers, our operations and programmes ‘do no harm’ to children, young people and vulnerable adults including risk of discrimination.
Composed of seven International organizations in Syria region, including four in Lebanon, the YOUTH RESOLVE YOUTH RESOLVE aims to strengthen youth resilience and empower youth as leading actors in post-conflict reconstruction in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Turkey.
In Lebanon, Islamic Relief Lebanon is working in four different aspects (Cash/Food for Work, Psychosocial Support, Active Learning, Social Stability and Rehabilitation of CBC) in Saida City – South Lebanon.
The Psychosocial Support Officer, as a part of Youth Resolve, roves between location of intervention and provides specific support for all PSS Facilitator who are supporting conflict affected children through psychosocial support Activities in targeted areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Technical guidance to psychosocial worker such as PSS facilitators on Structured Psychosocial Support activities at IRL’s community-based center.
- Provide all relevant psychosocial support to ensure the capacity building of the team Provide technical guidance
- in Collaboration with Child protection Focal Point and Project Supervisor, taking part of developing new PSS guidelines, tools and activities
- Attend external PSS trainings and other relevant trainings and provide roll outs for the staff including Child Protection Focal point
- Ensure that all Psychosocial Worker (volunteers) are following the PSS Guideline and tools for Psychosocial Support activities.
- Suggest improvements for all activities especially PSS activities
- Share the challenges and difficulties that PSS workers will faced with the Project Coordinator.
- Prepare daily/weekly activity plans and reports
- .Adhere to IRL Child Protection Policy and committed to “do no harm”.
- Work closely with all members of the Youth Resolve Team
- Participate in relevant meetings.
- Willingness to dedicate 100% of his/her working hours to the YOUTH RESOLVE consortium and providing accurate time-sheet and performance report to MADAD Project Coordinator on weekly and monthly bases as per donor requirements.
Experience / Education/Skills- Essential
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology Child Development or other related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of relative experience, preferred with international NGOs.
- knowledge of psychosocial support principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers
- Good communication and social skills to establish relationships with different communities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & technical skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
- Records management systems (both automated and paper files) to ensure accurate maintenance of files and ease of retrieval.
- Word-processing, spreadsheet and database software programs related to job functions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Fluency in English & Arabic (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting.
- Analytical skills
- Teamwork skills
- Stress management
- Staff development
- Conflict management
- Report writing skills.
Islamic Relief considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have is committed to safeguarding people within our programs and projects from Exploitation and Abuse which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Any candidate offered a job with Islamic relief will be expected to sign Islamic Relief Safeguarding Policies and code of conduct alongside to their contract of employment
This job description may change based on the situation in the field. All staff are expected to show high level of flexibility in order to respond to the ever-evolving situation. Furthermore, he/she can be required to perform other related duties as identified by his/her supervisors.
- South Lebanon
- Saida (Sidon)