Male Psychosocial Support Officer- Zahle
Interested candidates should send their CV to : [email protected] , with the job title in the email subject. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, organise and supervise the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) activities of Community Health Volunteers and social workers in the SDCs, related to peer support groups and referrals
- Establish and maintain MHPSS peer support groups and other activities in five Medair supported Social and Development Centers (SDCs) in line with programme targets, under the technical guidance of the Medair Psychologist
- Assist CBO/Local NGOs partners to establish and maintain peer support groups in line with programme targets, and conduct regular training and supervision visits, under the technical oversight of the Medair Psychologist
- Provide continuous support on PSS activities, including check-up visits, for Community Health Volunteers and SDC Social workers involved in the health project
- Facilitate peer group PSS support sessions and individual interventions, under the technical oversight of the Psychologist
- Assist in facilitation of regular meetings between Medair Psychologist and volunteers
- Assist in the formulation of Psychosocial Support (PSS) messages and approaches, in consultation with health project staff and the Community volunteers.
- Monitoring for data entry and submit timely weekly and monthly reports to the Psychologist.
- Assist in setting referral pathways, receive PSS referrals (internal/external), follow-up on referrals and provide feedback of actions taken
- Act as link between Medair and communities, between outreach staff and supported SDCs staff.
- Engage community leaders, community-based organizations, and other service providers in supporting beneficiaries to access PSS services.
- Assist in planning and implementation of assessments and surveys as required.
- Provide input to the integration of beneficiary participation into all aspects of health project
- Reflect vision and values of MEDAIR when interacting with team members, volunteers and beneficiaries
- Responsible for coaching and technical supervision of Community Health Volunteers and social workers in the SDCs to develop ownership and full responsibility for PSS activities.
- Assess the PSS training needs of Community Health Volunteers/Social workers in the SDCs and ensure that appropriate capacity building plan is established
- Under supervision of the Psychologist prepare PDFs for payment and PRs as needed
Communication and Coordination
- In close coordination with the Psychologist, develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned team and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local municipalities) with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- Participate in Medair internal trainings, and delegated by Psychologist, meetings as required, representing Medair and feeding back to the Psychologist / Health Manager on relevant issues.
- Support the logistics activities for the PSS/community health part of the project as required and delegated by the Health Project Manager.
- Ensure quality implementation of the PSS activities
- Ensure that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of clients, staff and agency information
- Ensure that all spaces where activities are implemented meet interagency standards for safe spaces whether mobile or static
Relevant degree or diploma (social worker)
1-2 years relevant post-qualification professional experience
Excellent English (oral & written)/Native Arabic speaker
Familiar with Microsoft Office programs, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook.
Ability to facilitate support group sessions
Ability to effectively assess and support persons in crisis
Ability to provide follow-up and to monitor as per mental/health professional’s recommendations
Ability to conduct a full assessment of a person’s needs
Good numerical, report writing and administration skills
Problem solving ability
Skills in behaviour change communication programming
Good understanding of humanitarian work
Experience of working in a multicultural team