Team Leader - OCHA (South)
All interested candidates shall apply throughout the below link:
Only applications received through this link are considered
Validation of existing beneficiaries
In coordination with the project manager, ensure proper engagement with the donor and sector working group members to gather the needed referrals for assistance.
Train all the casual workers on the messaging and process of phone validations for families in need of support.
Develop and monitor the phone validation process to ensure completion within the assigned time frame in coordination with relevant internal departments (monitoring, evaluation and accountability, IT and technical team).
Validate the quality of the information gathered by casual workers
Finalize the lists of families to receive support based on the data and donor regulations and communicate the messaging to them accordingly.
Preparation and Distribution of Commodities
Ensure the process of validating families is properly conducted based on WVL and donor requirements in preparation to the distribution.
Ensure that proper and accurate distribution plans are prepared in advance to enhance efficient operations. Proper and adequate logistical arrangements must be made in conjunction with the distribution plans.
Lead the distribution of food parcels and WASH NFIs as per donor’s requirements and plans.
Ensure execution and leadership of the following activities:
- Proper organization and stocking of the distribution sites;
- Ensure that distribution site is properly organized and secured with ropes and that crowd control measures are put in places to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment are available at the distribution site, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise the distribution of the food assistance to the beneficiaries
- Ensure that beneficiaries sign or thumbprint against their names on the beneficiary lists.
- Conduct reconciliation of receipts and server and the end of the distribution.
- Ensure that remaining parcels or kits are returned to the warehouse and proper forms are filled.
- Conduct daily physical check to all distribution equipment and report any missing item.
- Prepare daily distribution reports as per donor and WV required templates.
- Report any issues/challenges faced at field level to the project manager and relevant internal entities.
- Adequately address protection cases and prioritize assistance provision to the most vulnerable groups;
- Trainings at distribution sites on the provided items, hygiene practices and accountability channels.
Report on daily distribution achievements and challenges to the Project Manager;
Supervise the loading and unloading of commodities, counting of commodities on site at the start and end of distribution and filling of all appropriate reports (as applicable: tally sheet, beneficiary distribution list, distribution center visit report, food monitoring report) during Commodity distribution
Act as the main point of coordination between the project manager and the project staff on the ground (casual workers).
Track staff attendance and timeliness. Ensure staff wellbeing and safety during the distributions;
Monitoring, Accountability and Protection Mainstreaming:
Conduct training for casual workers on COVID safety practices, hygiene and food safety that will be disseminated during the distribution.
Ensure all means of verifications are available in alignment to the log frame developed and donor regulations.
Support actions to address beneficiary feedback in close coordination with the accountability department;
Actively participate in lessons learned session for the project as well as ensuring proper filing and archiving at the end of the project;
Action protection mainstreaming standards suggested by the Project Manager and technical team
Handle Reporting and Recording
Deliver high quality, accurate and timely daily reports;
Prepare weekly and monthly distribution and data gathering reports;
File all relevant project documents in line with WV’s requirements for project auditing;
Handle stock in line with WV’s warehousing policies;
Receive commodities from supplier as per the procurement requests.
Update stock register according to commodities moving in and out.
Conduct Physical count of remaining stock at the end of any distribution and update the register accordingly.
Conduct data gathering for project amendments and proposals;
Purchase items in line with the budget and instructions given by the Project Manager;
Submit all project related invoices with full supporting documents.
Perform other duties as required
Ensure all the project staff have an up to date job description and a performance agreement which are reviewed on a regular basis;
- Support staff by mentoring, and provision of in house or external training related to each one’s field;
- Coordinate daily with the security Officers and informing them about activities locations.
- Abide by safety policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and/or safety personnel
- Attend sector coordination meetings as necessary;
Shadow the Project manager and step in to be the officer in charge during their absence.