Project Coordinator - UNICEF (Bekaa)
All interested candidates shall apply throughout the below link:
Only applications received through this link are considered
Manage and provide leadership for the Early Childhood Education team. (UNICEF)
Assure and coordinate the Implementation of the Early Childhood education project through regularly monitoring and updating project management tools (logframe, ITT, budget (including cash flows) and DIP)
Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, visibility, community and beneficiaries liaison including provision of solutions to the project team
Ensure Project meets technical requirements including appropriate tools and curriculum for the targeted demographic.
Follow up with partner organizations when appropriate to monitor capacity and implementation quality.
Ensure procurement requests are presented on a timely basis to facilitate timely implementation of field activities, and adhering to both WVI and donor requirements in meeting the project objectives
Regularly review and update the project’s work plan with project manager.
Prepare and review agreements (MoUs) with all school partners.
Ensure that the needed material, rehabilitation and logistics of the determined locations is taking place.
Participate in periodic monitoring related to the impact of the project on the beneficiaries with support from the ELA unit.
Ensure smooth coordination and communication between the outreach teams and center supervisors;
Provide leadership, coaching, and capacity building for all project team.
Develop teamwork among the project staff, ensuring a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations and challenges to inform project management.
Together with the Project Manager, plan and provide opportunities for capacity building to project team in consultation with P&C Department to ensure coordinated technical and personal development.
Projects activities are implemented as per the developed action plan.
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to position World Vision within the Education Sector.
Work with other managers and coordinators to ensure crosscutting and multi sector program capacity.
Collaborate with Finance to review financial reports and maintain accurate spending reports and up-to-date budgets.
Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to engage them about the project interventions and agree on their contributions.
Network with local NGOs, municipalities, schools, community centers, and communitie
Prepare, review, edit, and submit regular reports
Progress reports are done and submitted as per the required deadline
Maintain and keep daily records of the MOV means of verifications including attendance sheets, pre/post-tests, minutes of meetings, and evaluation documents are in place.
Provide regular updates to Education Project Manager
Provide input for grant/donor and programme milestone and reports to the Education project Manager.
Ensure the tracking of the referrals, weekly reports, notes and plan.
Security management responsibilities:
Children attending the activities are protected and safe
Responsible for the security of project staff, ensuring that staff abide by WVL security procedures and policies. Report any security breaches as necessary.
Participate in personal safety training as required
Undertake any other duties as shall be delegated by the supervisor.
Perform Other duties as required
Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum three years of experience in management of Education projects, or specific experience with Early childhood education projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic is an advantage.
- Proven technical expertise in Children in Emergencies, Education, Early Childhood Education, or Child Protection.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to field sites.
- Strong program and budget management skills including project management cycle and tools.
- Knowledge of the Education, Protection and Child Protection strategy in Lebanon with special emphasis on the Government of Lebanon Education strategy for the Syrian Refugees (RACE, LCRP).
- Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations.
- Above average computer literacy in Microsoft Office package (incl. Excel), and holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Education in Emergencies minimum standards (INEE);
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies