Information Management Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to ensure that meaningful program information from internal and external sources are collected and centralized in a timely manner within WV Lebanon to support decision making, evidence generation and stronger positioning of WV Lebanon.
Data Analysis and Creation of Databases
- Design/develop, test, maintain, support and improve the database and database management systems (Horizon) for WVL’s sectors activities and provide support in reporting, project tracking and data analysis.
- Develop appropriate templates for data collection, beneficiary records and identify information gaps where needed.
- Analyze and report regularly to the relevant stakeholderson the progress and quality of the data as well as contribute in identifying operational gaps.
- Produce and file statistical and graphical reports for particular support in program designs.
- Show flexibility in responding to the data and reporting needs of the organization for more efficiency in data collection and reporting.
- Proactively gather information from relevant cluster partners and sectors working groups.
- Deal with beneficiaries’ information in strict confidentiality
Coordination & Capacity Building
- Coordinate with the Evidence, Learning and Accountability department to ensure templates are updated for accurate data collection.
- Develop a clear information management and reporting flow chart and schedule
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support for field staff when it comes to format usage and templates as well as set standards for data accuracy;
- Attend trainings on the different tools and active participation to IM working group meetings, sharing information with the management and concerned staff eventually training them;
- Collate the information needed for the Sit-Rep
- Ensure accurate reporting in Activity Info.
- Contribute to reporting requirements from the Regional Office as well as other reporting requests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineer, Data Analysis or any relevant field of study
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with online databases and GIS application (Optional).
- Ability to consolidate information into visual presentations (factsheets, charts, graphs, tables)
- Previous experience in mapping workflows, information and processes.
- Fluent with Microsoft application such as Publisher
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous experience in managing organizational data of different projects
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge or Arabic language is an added advantage.
- MBA or related master degree preferred
- 100% office based