Faith in Development Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide leadership and technical support to World Vision Lebanon’s ministry in bringing holistic transformation through integrating faith perspective in programming:
- Drive, in measurable ways, WVL’s goal of achieving positive social change leading to a more equal and just society for Lebanon’s children that is consistent with our Vision, Core Values and Policies, creating opportunities for open and dynamic dialogue leading to greater mutual understanding among staff with different Faith traditions
- Working in collaboration with the External Engagement Unit, lead in the development of partnerships with faith based organizations and liaise with leaders of different faiths in Lebanon to get involved in social change/development issues
- Champion partnering and social cohesion for WVL, including growing WVL's understanding of partnering and helping build the capacity of staff to be more effective partners.
Lead Church and Interfaith Relations
- Engage with and encourage the participation of churches and FBOs nationally and locally in WV programmes, and more specifically around Child Protection and Spiritual Nurture for Children
- Work to build positive relationships with communities of other faiths and affirm the role of these organizations that also seek to support the well-being of children and especially in areas of child protection
- Work ecumenically with all churches in order to facilitate greater functional unity and cooperation among churches, nationally and locally
- Participation in social and national events in the country (planning meetings, coordination meetings, events) to maintain the visibility of WV.
- Receive donors, support the vision trips on behalf of WV and prepare clear and informative presentations as needed.
- Support in development and implementation of relevant capacity building activities for local partners
- Ensure relevant case studies/stories are identified and documented to support donor engagement in collaboration with communications department.
- Manage project deliverables promoting interfaith engagement and mobilization of faith leaders to address Child Protection and Spiritual Nurture of Children
- Ensure reporting requirements (monitoring narrative and quantitative reports, as well as financial reports
- Faith leaders & FBOs are mobilized to address child protection & holistic wellbeing of children
- Agreements with local partners are in place
- Engagement with local partners are conducted with high professional standards
- Stories of promising practices are reported
- Informal networks among churches and FBOs both nationally and locally are created
- Support and guide ADPs in implementing FinD projects with Churches and faiths leaders in their respective areas.
- Appropriate support to international visitors is provided as per high professional standards
- Monthly monitoring reports (financial and indicator tracking table) are submitted
Support the Spiritual Nurture for Staff
- Support in consolidating a bi monthly reflections plan for staff in relation to organizational values in coordination with all departments
- Plan and/or lead capacity building for staff on Channels of Hope.
- Support in leading WVL’s all staff Annual Day of Prayers
- Bi- weekly reflections are conducted at the NO and field levels
- All staff Day of Prayer is conducted
Lead in Developing Staff Capacity in Partnering
- Develop a partnering and collaboration competency and skills framework, outlining the competencies and skills that are needed for different positions in WV in order to work effectively as partners.
- Develop capacity building approaches that will enable staff to develop partnering skills.
- Provide guidance and support in the delivery of capacity building, and measure the success of this in building partnering skills within the organization.
- Support the field Office teams in CS Partnering relations
- WVL staff will have the necessary skills and competencies to work as an effective partner in different types of collaboration and partner relationships
Other Portfolio Tasks
- Participate in local and international capacity building events and meetings
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to Regional CC coordinator as required.
- Attend and participate in WV spiritual events and in other organizational events
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Provide technical guidance for Channels of Hope models (celebrating families etc.), in technical programs
- Work with programs and RAM to provide leadership in resource mobilization to ensure adequate funding for faith and development activities
- External and internal funding is granted for the implementation of projects in partnerships with Churches and FBOs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to social science, development, public relations. Masters degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in relief and/or development field working with local or international NGOs.
- Demonstrated project management skills in working collaboratively with local partners, donors, and international organizations
- Understanding of development processes and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by various partners and donors
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and networking abilities
- Able to oversee and manage budgets
- Experience of working with churches and/or FBOs
- Experience in project management
- Understanding of the Church diversity and specifics of the different theological frameworks and ability to navigate a complex faith context like the one in Lebanon
- Ability to manage and negotiate expectations of the diverse stakeholders
- Manage and support partnerships and projects in a transparent manner towards all the partners and honor partnering commitments and show openness for critical feedback
- Effective in written and oral communication
- Ability to speak and write with a high standard of English
- Fluency in Arabic
- Computer literacy; good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management
- Understanding of the intercultural & interfaith relations, religious diversity in the local context and programs; understanding of negotiation and conflict resolution is preferred
- Ability to mobilize local faith leaders and faith communities and FBOs to address CWB issues
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.