External Engagement Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support WV Lebanon in its strategic direction to engage with various external stakeholders. The external engagement Officer is responsible to:
- Coordinate the planning of national level external events and lead on ensuring proper brand recognition and visibility and documentation of events.
- Development of evidence-based resources to support positioning the organization with specific stakeholders ( project briefs, fact sheets, case studies, …)
- Facilitate the process for the planning and development of a plan for the IT takes a World Campaign and development of appropriate resources for campaign launch and reporting
- to maintain an office data base of contacts, data base of resources developed by various units and a mailing list to which regular updates and publications are shared research and produce communications materials about World Vision Lebanon programmes
- Assist in implementing World Vision Lebanon’s visibility, branding, and child protection and communications policies.
Coordination of national level initiatives and events
- Responsible for planning of national events ( developing agenda and invitations, list of invitees, development of reports of events, visibility of events, …)
- Monitor and sign-off on publications and other materials produced containing the World Vision logo to ensure consistency with WVI corporate branding guidelines.
- Develop resources and items for brand visibility and marketing among partners, community, social media as per detailed plans per sector and in coordination with technical coordinators and relevant operations field staff:
- Greeting cards,
- Posters and leaflets
- Promotional material for external events
- Develop a database of resources and publications developed by WV by sector and update it on regular basis
- Develop a data base of contacts for the organization segregated by type of stakeholders ( CSOs, embassies, government representatives, …
- Develop a mailing list and news update format to be shared through mainly list on a consistent basis
National events for various purposes are implemented and documented in a professional manner as per guidelines and WV brandin
Demonstrated correct use of WV identity in external communication resources.
Wide range of resources and visibility items are developed for various purposes to strengthen WV brand recognition as required
Database of publications and contacts established and updated on a regular basis
Plan for development and sharing of resources through WV mailing list to data base on contacts
Leading on development of Evidence Based communication material resources for external purposes
- Support in preparation of material needed for external engagement meetings and national events
- Research and develop resources for positioning and influence ( fact sheets, infographics, case studies, project briefs, …)
- Extract from existing evaluations and reports developed internally information for external use
- Coordinate with Policy and advocacy officer for development of regular reports around impact of programming for national and global events and moments
Materials disseminated in external meetings in line with WV strategy and key priorities
Evidence based communication materials developed as required and shared with relevant stakeholders
Context analysis reports with recommendations are developed and shared with national and regional colleagues
Communication support for It takes a World Campaign
- Ensure adaptation of branding of It takes a Word Campaign to Arabic in collaboration with relevant colleagues
- Develop communication plan in line with the overall campaign framework and yearly plan
- Engage with communications coordinator for development of content and communications resources for the It takes a World Campaign
- Develop visuals and key messages for digital platforms and community initiatives under the campaign as well as for development for promotional ads awareness material.
Clear guidelines of WVL campaign branding
Developing of sample template for external engagement with campaign branding ( presentation, invitations, reports, posters, …)
Update and share a calendar of events marking key national and international moments relevant to the campaign
Documentation of initiatives under the It takes a world campaign
Perform other duties as required
Safety and Security responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
- Attend and participate in local and international capacity building events as needed
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Perform other related tasks as required by the External engagement team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in, communications, journalism, graphic design
- Very strong ability to write, edit, and speak English and Arabic (Previous experience writing, editing and/or publishing articles and taking photos)
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office and design software (Photoshop, illustrators indesign,…)
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and understanding of social and political environment.
- Full adherence to World Vision Lebanon Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- 2 to 3 years experience working in Internationals affairs, communications or advocacy.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, with team members as well as alone.
- Experience of coordinating work between different stakeholders
- Ability to cope with working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Experience in developing communications materials for various audiences and coordinating project with other local NGOs is preferred.
- Experience in organizing events with Civil society organizations and engaging in public campaigns
- Position requires in-country travel for up to 30 per cent of working hours.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster. Also requires willingness to undergo World Vision and external training on how to respond to such emergencies, including first aid training.
- Willingness to develop survival and security skills for various risks and challenges encountered in emergency situations.
- Willingness to undergo first aid and security training.