Evidence, Learning and Accountability Coordinator
Interested candidates to apply through:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Evidence, Learning and Accountability (ELA) Coordinator is responsible to implement a functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system at field level. He/she provides support to the programmes and operations departments in designing, monitoring and evaluating all projects’ interventions. Moreover, he/she works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardized MEAL processes and tools for all sectors at field level.
Leading on the projects’ baselines and evaluation studies at field level: development of the design (participatory approach when relevant), development and testing of data collection tools, training on data collection tools, coordination with field level staff for high quality data collection, data analysis and report write up (Internal processes)
For external processes, supervision and coordination and consultants to ensure baselines and evaluation studies--->Baselines and evaluations are completed on time and with high quality and meet WVI quality standards and are aligned with PDQ and Field Operations expectations and needs
Develop project specific MEAL frameworks in consultation with project staff and partners--->MEAL frameworks arecompleted including all details about indicators, definitions, sources of data, and responsibilities.
Develop methodology, sampling, and tools for outcome and process monitoring studies (pre-post tests, PIMs/PDMs, FSOMs, FGDs, KIIs, etc.) that are relevant--->Methodologies and tools that abide by MEAL and sector specific standards are developed.
Implement field level tasks for outcome and process monitoring of grants and/or sponsorship programs, including but not limited to pre-post tests, PIMs/PDMs, FSOMs, midline and end line studies, FGDs, KIIs, etc.--->The monitoring plan for grant projects is implemented as set, and/or the process of annual Outcome monitoring, and MEAL reports are submitted on time and with good quality.
Implement field level tasks for the Syria strategy Impact Assessment and ensure integration in on-going MEAL processes (ensuring quality of data collection, hiring casual workers, training, planning field data collection, coordinating with municipalities/LAF/risk department, supervising, data cleaning,…)--->Process of data collection for the Syria strategy Impact Assessment at the field level is wellled and quality data is collected.
Lead on the development of accountability materials based on WVI accountability standards, while ensuring that field operations needs and requirements are met as well
Compile and submit timely reports on a weekly basis to the senior ELA coordinator
Tailor complaints and feedback record templates according to donor requirements in coordination with Accountability Officer
The accountability framework (included in the MEAL framework) is operational
Co-lead lessons learned events for projects (preparation, facilitation and report writing) in collaboration with different departments.--->Lessons learned events generate actionable recommendations that are used by program teams
Lead on data collection at field level for any potential research studies at field level--->Evidence on a sector-specific programming is built.
Review semi-annual and annual reports for projects under the sponsorship programming, if applicable, including ITT verification--->Semi-annual and annual projects reports are submitted with accurate data and good quality.
Coach and provide capacity building for project staff on output level monitoring (such as observations, shops monitoring, price surveys…), and conduct regular training for Operations staff on data collection and data entry for pre-post tests (such as SDQ, ASQ, pre-post tests on skills and knowledge with caregivers, etc.)--->Field Operations staff are supported and trained on completing high quality output level monitoring
Conduct ITT verifications of projects, in coordination with project staff--->ITTs are submitted with accurate figures and data.
Complete Horizon tasks relevant to assigned projects (uploading indicators, M&E plans and outcome monitoring data)--->Horizon isupdated on time with all relevant M&E information.
Attend internal and external meetings relevant to assigned sector--->Sector specific information is shared with staff.
Attend internal and external training, workshops, events, etc.--->Capacities and competencies are improved.
Follow up on HR and financial related matters for casual workers (Payment Orders, ,…), and conduct performance agreement and review with direct supervisor--->HR, finance and procurement guidelines are implemented and abided by.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS Degree in international development, international relations, public health, nutrition, statistics, community development, or other relevant discipline is required
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems, including qualitative and quantitative approaches to baselines, monitoring and evaluations is required
- Good working knowledge of statistical packages (Excel, etc.) is required
- Very good knowledge of ODK database/SMAP server
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management
- Good knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.) and interpreting them
- Information dissemination skills is required
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Organization, planning, and time management skills
- Detailed oriented and able to verify data quality
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills)
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Ability to understand, explain and contextualize MEAL tools
- High level communications skills
- Ability to build positive relationships in a cross cultural environment
- Minimum two to three years of experience in working in a relief or development NGO with a focus on M&E processes - preferably in both response and development settings.
- Valid driving license (in Lebanon) for more than 2 years is required
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required
- Preferred working knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS etc.)
- Understands fundraising, relief, development and advocacy issues, including operational consequences
- Understands international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- The position requires ability to attend and participate in capacity building opportunities, trainings and meetings locally and internationally as required by the organization
- Preferred experience working in multiple areas across Lebanon, including one or more of Akkar, Bekaa, Beirut and South areas.
- The position requires a minimum of 30% field-based in the South, North and Bekaa.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally