Casual Workers-WFP Project Bekaa
All interested candidates can send their CVs to lbn_CV@wvi.org
Key Responsibilities (M&E)
- Understanding of all instructions provided throughout the training.
- Handling and filling questionnaires either through digital device (tablet).
- Discussing with the supervisor challenges faced during data collection.
- Submitting completed tasks on time and discussing with the supervisor highlights, notes and protection cases on a daily basis.
- Conduct impact assessment and PIM data collection,
- Ensure all information on each survey is accurate prior input into the database,
- Ensure transfer of information to team leader (i.e. total households visited, interview refusal, protection cases),
- Report immediately to team leader any problem arising in the service.
- Assist in FGDs as requested.
- Attend trainings as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Accountability)
- Answer/Listen, register the complaints or concerns
- Guide beneficiaries that seek help through the help desk
- Support beneficiaries through information sharing relating to services provided by World Vision and partner organizations, upon request.
- Refer beneficiaries per subject needs.
- Make a daily data entry for all the data collected through the help line.
- Contacting beneficiaries for specific reasons.
- Collect the complaints and refer them to officers.
- Close coordination with the accountability officer in charge.
- Submitting completed tasks on time and discussing with the supervisor highlights, notes on a daily basis.
- Discussing with the supervisor challenges faced during his daily work and if he faced issue in data entry.
- Provide daily report.
Key responsibilities (Cash)
- Crowd control at the Entry and in the Waiting area
- ID verifications
- Training for the Beneficiaries
- Facilitation of the beneficiaries movement inside the validation site
- Abide with the WV policies.
- Establish close coordination with the supervisor
- Be able to Discuss with the supervisor any challenges faced during this activity
- Submit completed tasks on time and discuss with the supervisor any highlights, note tasks on a daily basis.
- Treat the invited Beneficiaries in a very professional way according to the Daily plan and the beneficiary list
- Maintain good accountability and ensure proper documentation
- Facilitate the Validation site layout in a very professional way according to the Daily plan
- Train the beneficiaries on the rationale of the validation project.
- Prior to any validation, confirm through validation desks that the card holder is the card owner.
- Verify the beneficiary ID, UNHCR certificate, and E-card number and confirm that the documents match before the validation.
- No show phone calls.
The casual workers will be paid according to the below table:
30$/day without car
60$/day with car
Knowledge and skills required
- Good written English, with good command of spoken Arabic and English.
- High school certificate or undergraduate diploma.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Central Bekaa and West Bekaa area.
- Ability to act with appropriate respect to the beneficiaries’ cultures and traditions.
- Ability to listen and respond to beneficiary inquiry under any circumstances.
- Ability to gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way.
- Ability to ask appropriate gender sensitive questions.
- Expertise to enter, transcribe, record, maintain data/information in written or electronic forms.
- Basic understanding of technology such as tablets.