Deputy program manager
Women Now for Development is a feminist, women-lead non-governmental organization dedicated to deepening and strengthening women’s role in Syrian and Lebanese communities by enhancing their social, economic and cultural participation. Women Now was established in June 2012 by in response to the conflict in Syria and ensuing humanitarian crisis. Today, we implement programmes in four Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS): two in Idlib, Syria and two in Bekaa, Lebanon, reaching thousands of beneficiaries annually. We work in four integrated programmatic areas:
- Protection - Psychosocial support,
- Empowerment - Education and Vocational Skills training,
- Participation - Leadership training and Rights Awareness
- Advocacy and Campaigning - at the local and international level.
At Women Now we work from the ground up, to empower ourselves, and the community around us in order to bring about significant, long-term change.
- Assist with final narrative reporting for 2018
- Coordinating with team to ensure that all members of the team are on track with data collection for final reports
- Coordinating Officers to ensure that they input their data and analysis into reports on time
- Checking the work of Officers (numerical data and written analysis), correcting and expanding on their work – providing additional detail and analysis
- Following up with officers when the Programme Director, Country Manager or donors have further questions
- Support with finalizing proposals and funding arrangements for 2019-2020:
- Supporting the project design process lead by the Programme Director in collaboration with Country Managers, Programme Officers and Programme Coordinator
- Drafting proposals, logframes etc.
- Following up with the team in response to queries from donors,
- Collaborating with the Finance team in order to ensure they have the information necessary to draft budgets and then checking them.
- Checking contracts.
Required Skills and Experience:
Experience & Knowledge
- 2+ years experience working in either Rights-based NGOs, or Humanitarian NGOs
- Experienced in narrative report writing and communication with donors
- Experience in coordination showing ability to coordinate and follow up with a diverse team based across different locations (including remotely)
- Understanding of due diligence, project cycle management including monitoring and evaluation, accountability to affected populations, safeguarding, budgeting, financial constraints, gender mainstreaming and donor requirements.
- Understanding of the Lebanese and Syrian contexts and related challenges (desirable)
- Experience of working on programmes specifically for women and/or adolescent girls (desirable)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills (in English) – writes clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge of Arabic
- Team spirit – communicative, cooperative, shows initiative in identifying and resolving issues, is personable and professional
- Attentive to detail
- Able to follow a brief
- A genuine interest in working on gender issues and programmes designed for women and girls in refugee, IDP and host communities
Please send a CV of 2 pages, a 1-2 page cover letter explaining how you fulfill each point in the person specification, and contact details for two referees to: email@example.com Please send as soon as possible as we are looking to recruit immediately.