Shared Operation Manager
Any application not sent to the link below will not be taken into consideration
Objective of the job
The Shared Operation Manager is responsible for the overall development and execution of the Operation as a delegated task by the Country Director. S/he ensures the development and implementation of all Operation policies and procedures including Finance and HR.
Position in the organization
The Shared Operation Manager reports to the Country Director. S/he manages the Logistic and Procurement Manager – Logistic and Procurement Coordinator – Finance Manager – HR Office .
Security and Safety
- Ensures that WCH Lebanon has good security and safety systems and procedures.
- Ensures that all WCH Lebanon staff, and visitors know and respect WCH security and safety policies and procedures.
- Prepares and updates regularly SOP/SMP (security management plan) and contingency planning, including context analysis (General Assessment and Specific Security Risk Assessment)
- Manages the security incidents and crises, provide timely and accurate incident reports and analysis, and support organizational lessons learned
- Support the CD and Management in establishing/ reinforcing relations with the representatives of the different stakeholders in terms of security management and mitigation measures
- Conducts continuous security assessments and Risk Analysis of operating environment and through collecting information from relevant sources in the different areas of operation and from the base security offices located in other areas/offices
- Advice the CD in providing security clearance to staff after or during crisis
- Actively participating in Security coordination meetings with LHIF, UN, NGO’s, SSCL, government bodies, establishing a network of contacts
- Provide regular security reports to CD and support the CD in its analysis of broader security related conditions.
- Ensures that security briefings are provided to new staff and visitors to the CO or program locations.
- Ensures that staff are Informed and updated staff on security developments and conditions.
- Provide regular SITREP report, briefings and updates to Management, including tracking security incidents and developments
- Explore all possible sources of information and establish network at all levels
- Oversees competency building on security procedures as required for program staff
- Ensures that all staff traveling outside Lebanon are briefed about the situations in the country of destination.
Logistics and Procurement
- Enhances systems and guidelines for the logistics department of the mission on: procurement procedures, store control; equipment, radio & vehicle use and maintenance, fuel tracking, etc.;
- Reviews logistics manual and ensures logistics policy and guidelines are followed in all locations (as a delegated responsibility of the CD);
- Responsible for procurement and management of supplies, vehicles, assets, etc. as a delegated responsibility of the CD;
- Advises the CD on logistics management;
- The OSM reports relevant developments on logistics in the field to the support department at HO.
Financial Management & Administration including Budgeting
- Supports the CD in maintaining efficient financial control (of cash flows, local payment, etc.), accountability standards, procedures and records;
- Preparation of budgets, financial management and generating of financial management information for stakeholders (CD, HO, donors);
- Ensures financial management policy and guidelines are followed in all locations;
- Ensures accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping and other financial records and it compilation into monthly financial report for HO;
- Is involved in budget preparation for grant proposal development for donors and also in financial reporting to donors;
- Manages money transfers and bank relations;
- Advises the CD on finance / budget management;
- Uses the software and formats as determined by HO;
- Reports the relevant developments on finance administration in the field to the support department at HO.
Information & Communication Technology
- Ensure quality management and maintenance of IT and communications processes, services and equipment including the introduction and functioning of global knowledge management processes, systems and procedures;
- Advises the CD on ICT;
- Reports relevant developments on ICT in the field to the support department at HO
Capacity building staff & local partners
- Oversees the building of operations-related skills and capacity of staff in collaboration with the HR team including needs assessment;
- Participates in building skills and capacity of local partners in finance/logistics/security and safety/admin processes
Management of staff
- Manages the finance, security and safety, logistics, ICT and operational support administrative staff at the country office and provides technical supervision to support staff in the different field locations;
- Manages their staff by guiding, coaching, instructing and motivating;
- Conducts appraisals, team development and discusses career perspectives with their staff and provides input for appraisals of the support staff of the field locations;
- Prepares terms of references for staff in their department;
War Child Holland Lebanon HR Strategy
- Lead the evolving development and updating of WCH Lebanon’s HR strategy through identifying and researching human resources aspects, analyzing information and recommending direction;
Learning and Development
- Stays informed and discusses regularly with management of WCH Lebanon and local partners the relevant skill and qualifications levels required for effective performance and organisational enhancement;
Recruitment, Placement, and Departure
- Ensures that different departments are properly anticipating their HR needs;
Implementation of all policies and procedures
- HR policies are understood by all staff and ensures their implemntation;
- Together with the CD, adjusts HR policies when needed;
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of experience in managing people;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in operations oversight with an (I)NGO in an international/ humanitarian context;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in security oversight with an (I)NGO in an international/ humanitarian context;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in financial oversight with an (I)NGO in an international/ humanitarian context;
- Relevant academic background - preferably an MBA or equivalent;
- Experience working with institutional partners and donors
- Strong analytical skills combined with risk management
- Leading and managing people
- Facilitating learning
- Developing budgets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on sensitive issues;
- Strong writing skills;
- English fluency required. Knowledge of Arabic preferred;
- Decision-making ability.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Lebanon, including adherence to Code of Conduct, the Child Safety Policy and the Integrity Policy is essential”