General objective of the position
The outreach worker acts as the first representative of the project among the beneficiaries, their families and local community. He/She will closely work with local communities to ensure that the project activities have widspread acceptance. He/She will lead all outreach activities for beneficiaries (Home visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions and campaigns).
Place in the organisation
The outreach worker is part of the Program Implementation Department, reporting to the Project manager.
S/he does not manage staff.
S/he collaborates with the specialists within the Program Development Department.
- Supporting the needs of children and caregivers
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with communities.
- Identify potential beneficiaries and inform their families about the project activities.
- Carry out field assessments to identify vulnerable communities, potential beneficiaries, etc.
- Carry out home visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions and any other suggested activity to have children enrol, stay in school and complete school by tracing the out of school children and refer them to an appropriate schooling Programme.
- Support in parents involvement sessions for parents of children engaged in the project.
- Administration tasks
- Formulates monthly reports on awareness sessions, community dialogues and home visits. Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting on project activity progress and project impact.
- Develop and maintains a filing system of beneficiaries.
- Data entry on Kobo or any other template suggested by M&E.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
Knowledge and Experience
Degree in social work or related field
Experience of supporting education projects
Strong understanding of refugee issues in the current Lebanese context
At least 2 years of relevant experience working with children/refugees/vulnerable populations
Skills and Competencies
Strong inter-personal skills
Strong communication skills
Good computer skills
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
Fluency in Arabic
Good English skills
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Lebanon, including adherence to the Child Safety Policy, is essential”