Programme Associate - Social Protection SC6 - Beirut Country Office
Applications must be submitted online:
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Job Purpose: To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Accountabilities: With delegated authority and under direct supervision of the Head of the Social Protection (SP) Unit, the Programme Associate’s main accountabilities and responsibilities will revolve around the following:
- Support in the coordination, implementation, and supervision of capacity strengthening work to Government partners relevant to WFP’s assistance on Lebanon’s social protection programs for the Lebanese;
- Act as the Unit’s focal point in monitoring and recording SP programme-related data and information for regular WFP corporate reporting;
- Act as the Unit’s focal point in monitoring commitments and reporting donor-relevant project information; and
- Support in the production of relevant reports, information materials, and briefing documents for WFP Lebanon Management, partners and donors
More specifically, the Programme Associate’s regular tasks will include the following:
- Liase with other Government technical teams in the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) in organizing activities related to WFP’s capacity strengthening work on the National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP) Food e-card component;
- Assist in coordinating with other Units within WFP in planning relevant capacity strengthening activities;
- Provide direct technical assistance and support to MoSA, as needed, in specific aspects of the Food e-card implementation such as in designing beneficiary tracking reports, training tools and manuals for social development center staff;
- Draft reports after completion of such activities and follow-up on agreed actions;
- Assist in drafting/updating WFP standard operating procedures (SOPs), operational manuals, and program guidelines related to the implementation of the NPTP Food e-card;
- Draft quarterly information notes/reports for donor Project reporting requirements;
- Keep all records and documents up-to-date and archived in a secure place/filing system;
- Attend meetings and draft the minutes of meeting; follow up on each of the notes and assure to respect the timelines;
- Provide timely inputs to Unit reports, briefing documents, and other information materials; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Economics, International Affairs, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related fields is a plus or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in the fields of programme implementation, monitoring, social protection and/or performance assessment.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Additional competencies desired:
- Experience in development and/or humanitarian programmes.
- Experience working with Governmental entities.
- Good writing skills. Sample/s of authored written documents to demonstrate skill level would be useful.
- Experience utilizing computers including MS Office (Mainly Access, Excel and Word) and/or analytical software.