Beirut - Senior Programme Associate SSA 7 (6 Months)
Applications must be submitted online:
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
Job Purpose: To provide effective coordination and support to programme activities related to in-kind food assistance.
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer, the Senior Programme Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide efficient coordination of WFP in-kind food distributions to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis on WFP in-kind operation (e.g. programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure accurate, timely recording of data and consistency of information and narrative inputs presented to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts in particular the Partnerships, Supply Chain, IT, VAM, M&E and Finance Units, to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance. Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in the related functional area.
Experience: At least six (6) years of professional experience in implementing humanitarian projects.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
Desired skills and Knowledge
- Has participated in implementing and coordinating distribution programs.
- Experience in implementing projects addressing food security of vulnerable population.
- Experience of maintaining corporate system.
- Has implemented and coordinated programmes with increased level of responsibility.