M&E Coordinator (Freelance)
TERMS OF REFERENCES
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (Freelance)
Position Location: Khaldeh, Lebanon
About URDA: In June 2012, and with the flow of Syrian refugees into Lebanon, more than 100 humanitarian committees and organizations joined efforts under the umbrella of the Union of Relief and Development Associations (URDA) in order to coordinate charity work in Lebanon, especially the support of Syrian refugees fleeing the plight of war and destruction in their home country.
Reports to: Programs manager.
Position Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator will be responsible for supporting monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented by URDA projects, working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Works with the Programs Manager and departments coordinator to develop questionnaires/M & E tools for tracking project objectives and indicators.
• Manages the collection of baseline data through both existing data collection, as necessary, at the start of the project.
• Manages different types of Databases Management Systems.
• Ensures that project targets, as set forth in donor agreements, are achievable, clearly defined, that all necessary systems are in place for their measurement. Where necessary recommend revisions to indicators and or targets and provide senior with written justification for these modifications.
• Orients field staff to project indicators and ensures that all staff have a common understanding of how indicators are defined and are to be measured and reported.
• Manages data collection process and ensures that all data collectors are capable to use URDA data management software.
• Building the capacities of the staff on monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Establishes user-friendly reporting formats and systems for use to collect all necessary project indicators in a timely and accurate manner.
• Drafts the sections of monthly and final reports, which report on indicators and progress towards targets, including a clear explanation of any problems, encountered in the monitoring and evaluation process and how these were addressed.
• Works in close cooperation with other project components ensuring implementation of all project activities in the field.
• Other duties as assigned by Programs manager, department coordinator or project manager.
Writing skills: Excellent command of languages. Punctuation & grammar count, ability to write clearly & transform complex ideas down into simple explanations.
Creativity: Ability to understand the audience & creatively explain ideas in an appealing method.
Time Management: Meet deadlines & short notices. Being able to write with time in mind is key. The ability to work on different projects at a time (multitasking).
Languages: Fluency in Arabic & English
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Statistics, International Development or other relevant field. Master is a plus.