Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer (LBNR000285 - 6337) click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer (LBNR000285 - 6337)”, click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Under the immediate supervision of a P-3 Humanitarian Affairs Officer in Beirut, the Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer will perform the following tasks:
1. Provide support in the collection and analysis of information in Arabic on the humanitarian situation and response in Lebanon, as well as on political developments impacting the humanitarian situation in Lebanon, particularly focusing on Government websites, the Official Gazette and other public sources; analyze and summarize this information in English concisely;
2. Support the coordination and management of the Access Task Force, including collecting information from NGOs regarding operational/bureaucratic/administrative incidents across Lebanon, analyzing trends and preparing analytical papers/talking points on the evolution of the humanitarian space in the country;
3. Support information tracking required for early-warning of potential emergencies and provide support to strengthening preparedness activities mapping and the annual Contingency Planning process, as well as any other emergency planning/response tools as required;
4. Collect and contribute information to update relevant OCHA products (SitReps, governorate profiles, fact sheets, etc.);
5. Draft a wide range of written reports, documents and communications providing up-to-date analysis on trends and developments on the humanitarian/political situation, e.g. letters, speeches, background papers, talking points, briefings, presentations, etc., as required;
6. Establish or strengthen partnerships with NGOs (particularly Local NGOs), civil society and local communities, to strengthen local level networks and gather information from the field; ensure humanitarian information flow from OCHA to partners and vice versa, and help ensure their participation in the operations and coordination mechanisms;
7. Provide verbal and written translation assistance on a regular basis for key OCHA information products and documents, both internal and external;
8. Participate in relevant Lebanon Crisis Response Plan (LCRP) Sector meetings and regional Inter-Agency meetings, as required;
9. Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor and/or Head of Office.