Only shortlisted applications will be contacted and invited to an official interview (including test). Please send your Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages) and Motivation Letter (indicating at least three references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, specify in the subject of the email the following code: TDHIT-MLB-TC001
Applications without Cover letter and without mentioning the recruitment code in the subject will not be considered.
The recruitment is on rolling basis and the organisation reserve the right to recruit the suitable person before the deadline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate TDH Italy capacity building initiatives
- Adapt, contextualize or develop new learning material for use on the program implemented by TDH It and local partners in coordination with the Program, (Child protection, Education), M&E and support departments.
- Coordinate learning opportunities conducted by TDH It internally as well as covering local partners staff. For each event, assume full responsibility for the required activities, including developing and managing the event budget as defined by program managers and logistical and administrative requirements including trainer travel, accommodation, materials preparation and shipping.
- Provide learning and development input to support team members.
- Contribute to the definition of capacity building plan (including a training, coaching) tailored on the needs identified in the capacity assessment for each partner.
- Support capacity building manager in identifying/ mapping available internal and external capacity development opportunities for identified gap in capacity assessment (including program management, financial and technical management).
Understand learning needs and opportunities
- Contribute to capacity needs assessments for TDH It and partners staff as required by the capacity building manager
- Keep up to date with developments in training methodology and learning and development issues in the humanitarian sector.
Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by the Capacity building manager.
Position Reports to: Capacity building manager
Technical reference/Indirect Reporting: Child protection program manager, Education program manager
Collaborates with: M&E manager, CP expert, Project managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Logistics, administration
Internal: other members of TDH IT programs in the field
External: Donors, local partners –Other NGOs/INGOs, and SDCs
Education / Training
- Degree (MA or PhD) in the field of Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, Sociology, International relation),
- Trained and well knowledgeable of methodology of social research
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in capacity building in humanitarian context
- Proven experience in the field of capacity assessment/capacity development with CBOs in Lebanon
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian response, coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action.
- Substantial experience in emergency and post-crisis environments
Knowledge & skills and Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- High-level of communication skills, including ability to speak formally, negotiate, demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and advocate for child protection issues with humanitarian community and authorities.
- Proven applied knowledge of the principles of adult learning, including the design and delivery of training and the development of capacity-development strategies.
- Experience in building capacity of teams and staff at different levels and in different contexts
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of TDH IT.
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with child protection cases
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability,
- The ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization