Capacity Building Manager
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted and invited to an official interview (including test). Please send your CV and motivation letter including 3 references to: email@example.com. Please specify in the subject of the email the following code: TDHIT-MLB-CBM002.
Applications without cover letter and without mentioning the recruitment code in the subject will not be considered.
The recruitment is on rolling basis and the organisation reserve the right to recruit the suitable person before the deadline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Capacity assessment of TDH IT’s partners
- Ensuring that TDH IT’s capacity building programs and efforts meet the needs of the beneficiary and key stakeholders and are based on practical applied experience;
- Liaising with relevant department in TDH IT (Program, M&E, Child protection, Education) in order to define tools and methodology for capacity development assessment to be conducted with local partners
- With the support of TDH It staff, conducting capacity assessment with local partners aimed to identify gaps and opportunity for further learning
- Supporting the definition of capacity building plan (including a training, coaching) tailored on the needs identified in the capacity assessment for each partner.
- Identifying/ mapping available internal and external capacity development opportunities for identified gap in capacity assessment (including program management, financial and technical management)
Contributing to TDH IT’s capacity development strategy
- In discussion with TDH IT programmatic and administrative departments, conducting a preliminary assessment of learning needs and suggest an initial strategy for capacity-building
- Observing the key trainings already delivered to partners, stakeholders and staff and provide technical feedback on facilitation and suggestions for improvement
- Reviewing the materials pack for each of TDH’s core training courses and adjust as necessary to ensure high quality from an adult learning perspective
- Providing technical guidance to TDH It senior staff management in setting up a capacity building department;
- Supporting the recruitment process of staff working under the capacity building departments including the definition roles and terms of reference (ToR) of staff working under the capacity building departments
- Conducting evaluations of trainings, and adjust as needed. Ensure proper training materials are available based on needs of each departments
- Overseeing quality training materials and suitability for internal use as well as for capacity building of partners and stakeholders
Position Reports to: Country Delegate
Technical reference/Indirect Reporting: Child protection program manager, Education program manager
Collaborates with: M&E manager, CP expert, Project managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Logistics
Internal: other members of TDH IT programs in the field
External: Donors, local partners –Other NGOs/INGOs, and SDCs
Education / Training
- Degree (MA or PhD) in the field of Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, Sociology, International relation),
- Trained and well knowledgeable of methodology of social research
- Security and hostile environment are a plus;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in capacity building in humanitarian context
- Proven experience in the field of capacity assessment/capacity development with CBOs in Lebanon and/or the Middle East would be an asset
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian response, coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action.
- Substantial experience in emergency and post-crisis environments
Knowledge & skills and Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- Ability to formulate strategic documents for programming, engagement, and coordination involving organizations and Government.
- Experience in and knowledge of the Syrian situation and response is considered a strong asset.
- High-level of communication skills, including ability to speak formally, negotiate, demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and advocate for child protection issues with humanitarian community and authorities.
- Proven applied knowledge of the principles of adult learning, including the design and delivery of training and the development of capacity-development strategies.
- Experience in building capacity of teams and staff at different levels and in different contexts
- Fluency in English; Arabic is an asset
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of TDH IT.
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with child protection cases
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability,
- The ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization