Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com with the keyword "IT Assistant" included in the subject.
- The candidate must provide a resume (preferably without picture) containing all relevant past experiences and highlighting the here above mentioned criteria
- The candidate must provide a cover letter including a description of why the candidate meets the personality’s criteria as mentioned above
- Ideally, if available, the candidate will provide a copy of a report done by the candidate assessing the IT setup of an organization.
Applications without cover letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
General Objective Of The Position:
SI in Lebanon is organized in 3 offices with an average of 30 working station per site. Each offices has a several shared equipment including Printers and Network Attached Storage. The whole IT department is under general SI international standards such has materials specifications, computer image, software and anti-virus. All IT operation benefit from external support from SI HQ in Paris.
Under supervision of the Logistics Coordinator and within SI values and standards, the IT assistant will have the responsibility to both implement the regular IT related tasks as well as assess, propose, implement and document IT park management solutions including good practices, SOP, descriptive diagram, follow up tools.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) while maintaining records/logs of repairs and fixes
- Install and/or ensure well-functioning LAN, WAN and WLAN networks and other networks as well as manage their hardware and software components (servers, IPs etc.)
- Manage network security tools such as firewall, ant-virus and intrusion detection systems
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices as well as manage their hardware and software components
- Ensure all IT related task and operations are done in a flexible, organized, documented way
- Operate IT maintenance and back up policies and SOPs and updates follow-up related tools.
- Process to regular evaluation of IT set up and performances according to predefined indicators
- Provide monthly reports notifying for each structure :
- List of problems, cause, and solutions
- Data protection and security levels (back up level, anti-virus coverage, etc.)
- Network performance
- Follow up on IT consumables, spares and accessories stocks to avoid shortage and ensure swift provision of solution.
- Initial assessment and description of exiting IT systems including:
- Methodology (criteria, method of evaluation)
- Descriptive results
- SWOT analysis
- Proposition of solution including :
- Good practices
- Descriptive diagrams
- Follow up tools
- The solutions must include:
- General IT setups and standards
- IT equipment park maintenance
- Data security and data protection
- Ticketing based support services approach
One year professional experience (including internship is accepted)
1st professional experience accepted"
Professional experience & Hard skills:
Minimal/mandatory requirement - If one criteria is not met, the application will be rejected
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Minimum a bachelor degree in computer science
- Driving license
- Advanced expertise in windows environment (from W7 to above)
- Advanced expertise in Network administration and security
Additional requirement - any of the below criteria will add points to the application review
- Degree in computer engineering
- Previous experience in network administration
- Previous experience in IT setup report (including assessment /SWOT/proposition)
- Previous experience with Microsoft ACCESS
- Familiar with Linux environment
- Any relevant certification such as :
o Cisco certified
o Microsoft Certified
Personal qualities & soft skills:
- Genuine interest for computer science and technologies
- Problem solving skills
- Systemic thinking
- Interpersonal skills
IT/Pack Office: advance expertise
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships):
Line manager: Logistics Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: Logistics Coordinator
Functional manager: Logistics Coordinator
Functional report(s): Logistics Coordinator