Male PSS Volunteer
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
1) Job Title: PSS Support Volunteer
2) Grade: N/A
3) Duty station: Saida and its neighborhood
4) Date of Issue: 8/11/2019
5) Aim: Build the capacity of and empower community-based PSS facilitators to deliver quality community-based PSS to vulnerable children and caregivers.
6) Reporting lines
Reports to: PSS Assistant
- Support the identification of safe spaces to provide community-based PSS that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level
- Identify vulnerable children and caregivers in need of PSS in line with inter-agency selection criteria
- Support the delivery of PSS to children.
- Identify and refer children and caregivers in need of case management to CP or GBV case management on a monthly basis
- Identify and refer children and caregivers at high risk to relevant Focused PSS sessions
- Ensure the proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies) during PSS (attendance sheets, permission slips, parental consent, referrals etc.)
- Support the logistics and procurement processes needed for the implementation of PSS.
- Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders;
- Closely coordinating with other relevant staff on protection issues (in all departments).
- Conduct a service mapping and plan for community-based events.
- Perform any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Project Manager.
8) Essential attributes:
- Volunteering experience in social work, teaching, child development or other related field
- Excellent knowledge of child protection, GBV and PSS basic principles
- Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques
- Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- to 2 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
- At least one-year experience in providing training and mentoring on PSS activities with children and caregivers.
9) Preferred attributes
Bachelor degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field
1 to 2 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
Working in INGO
- Planning skills
- Teamwork skills
- Result-oriented and accountability
- South Lebanon
- Saida (Sidon)