Please send your CV and cover letter Saved as with your Name, mentioning in the subject of the email “Education Teacher” to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Special education teachers’ main goal is to adapt lessons and learning outcomes of various subjects (Math, Arabic, English) for students of the ABLN program.
RESPONSIBILITIES, MAIN DUTIES AND REPORTING:
- Implement qualitative educational support to the children benefiting from the educational programs.
- Plan and implement lessons as per the directions of the supervisor and Education specialist; prepare materials request for lessons (stationery, photocopies)
- Prepare a file for each child as per the directions of supervisor and Education specialist, monitor their educational and developmental process; suggesting and implementing extra supportive actions when needed.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable environment for the child, taking into account diverse cultural, psychosocial and educational needs.
- Ensure an ongoing positive communication with the parents regarding the educational progress, specific needs and behavior of the child.
- Record each child’s classroom attendance, reporting any absences and highlighting any absences which require follow-up by the outreach staff.
- Submit daily timesheet to the supervisor
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one and track their progress.
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND:
- Technical diploma or degree in education or related degree preferred;
- Proven experience working in a challenging situation;
- Experience in working with children (mandatory);
- Experience in working for an NGO/ humanitarian organization preferable
- Experience working with Syrian
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good capacity to interact with members of the team and different communities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Ability to work on the street supporting psychosocial activities for street and working children;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Developed skills with computer applications including Word and Excel in particular.
- Contract duration: 9 months;
- Required Starting Date: March 2020;