Human Resources and Administration Manager - Maternity Cover
Kindly apply online using this link: HR and Admin Manager - Beirut
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
ROLE PURPOSE: As a member of the Lebanon Senior Management Team, the Human Resources and Administration Manager work closely with the SMT, key in country staff and with Regional HR to manage and lead the HR function. The Human Resources and Administration Manager will cover and operational and advisory roles by providing generalist HR and Administration work in addition to focusing on talent acquisition and developing the talent acquisition strategy.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have occasional contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: 4 HR staff and 1 Admin staff
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
General Human Resources Management
- Lead and manage the HR department and team in the main office and the 3 field offices.
- Ensure full compliance with the local laws and the internal policies.
- Manage all aspects of Human Resource activities within Lebanon and ensure the effective delivery of support and HR services to staff throughout the Lebanon Country Office.
- Understand best practice in managing change and support the senior management team in the delivery of change.
- Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to line managers on all aspects of the HR function.
- Oversee the payroll process for national and international staff, in addition to the HR systems.
- Provide guidance on compensation analysis, assist with salary structures and advise on complex compensation related issues to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation policy.
- Ensure all staff have access to learning opportunities and are able to develop within the organization.
- Ensure proper implementation of the performance review system and provide support to senior management team.
- Lead and manage the learning and development budget for the country office.
- Lead on the wellbeing effort, and engrain it within people strategies to help create a workplace that works.
- Receive and manage child safeguarding concerns and complaints, in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy and process.
- Contribute to ensuring children are safe from abuse and other harm in our programs.
Recruitment management and planning
- Put in place the recruitment strategy for Save the Children Lebanon Country Office and make sure it is aligned with the regional and global strategies.
- Consult with management to identify recruitment needs and develop effective recruitment plans.
- Explore the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization (surveys, etc.).
- Monitor and put in place measures to reduce the costs of the recruitment process.
- Monitor the labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the process compliant.
- Update all recruitment related processes including interviewing, testing, etc.
- Determine recruitment requirements by evaluating organizational development plans.
- Build a network and maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates.
- Update and implement the onboarding process.
- Ensure recruitment and selection process respect the minimum standards of safe recruitment of Save the Children International.
- Support developing a targeted recruitment strategy including developing and implementing innovative social recruiting strategy.
- Measure recruitment effectiveness on a quarterly basis and share with Senior Management Team (time to fill, submit-to-interview ratio, number of interviews to offer, offer acceptance rate, source of hire, quality of hire, etc.).
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are done properly as per policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all general office equipment is regularly serviced and maintained.
- Understand administration costs and recommended suggestions/systems that would improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience
- Human Resources Management degree or Diploma / Certificate in HR or Personnel Management is preferred.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Human resources with 3 years’ experience in recruitment in a humanitarian setting.
- Preferably with experience in managing recruitments during emergency situations.
Qualifications and skills
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Recruiting and interviewing skills.
- Experience in using recruitment systems, preferably Taleo in addition to Skype, online meeting platform skills and Microsoft Office.
- Supports workplace diversity.
- Understanding of local laws: mainly labour and NSSF laws.
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Problem solving and decision making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating information from within or outside the organisation.
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; Promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with impact: Communicates clearly and confidentially with others to engage and influence, promotes dialogue; Ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency