English Teacher - Barja
Kindly mention in the subject the position you are applying for
ROLE PURPOSE: To provide ‘English as a second language’ (ESL) classes in community settings to adolescents and youth. The classes will develop their skills in English language (including speaking, writing and reading), with a practical rather than theoretical focus, and the progress of each student will be measured. The post holder will carry out other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by Save the Children, thereby providing a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which each individual can achieve his or her full potential.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Food Security and Livelihood Officers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The postholder is accountable to Save the Children’s FSL Officers and FSL Coordinator for his/her teaching duties and responsibilities.
- To be fully aware of, and adhere to, Save the Children’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and procedures and to ensure their implementation
- To maintain positive discipline practices in accordance with the Save the Children’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Agreements
- He/she is responsible to create conducive teaching learning environment where the students will get education as per desired format of Save the Children
- To implement the English language curriculum set by SCI under the supervision of the FSL officers and FSL Coordinator.
- To ensure that students feel comfortable, safe and respected
- To teach, according to students’ needs
- To monitor and evaluate the students’ progress
- To demonstrate non-discriminatory working practices and to encourage this in others
- Respect the classroom premises (ensuring classrooms are tidy and any accidental damage is reported to the SC staff)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- To liaise with Save the Children staff on internal issues. This includes attendance at meetings organized by Save the Children and to cooperate with Save the Children’s monitoring and provide information or reports if requested by Save the Children
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Residents of Chouifat, Naameh, and Barja or those who are able to travel to these towns where the English language classes will be implemented
- Experience of working with adolescents and/or youth
- Experience of teaching English as a second language, and designing curriculums based on the different levels and needs of students
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Commitment to the core principles of Save the Children, including the Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills