Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
To be considered for this recruitment, salary history, and 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after interview) with the date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following to be considered: “MEAL Coordinator_Beirut"
Essential Functions and Areas of Accountability:
MEAL Technical Tasks
- Provide a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues;
- Contribute to the design of RI’s Lebanon MEAL Strategy;
- Supervise the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by his/her department;
- Contribute to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques;
- Design, develop and implement performance monitoring plans and performance tracking systems and then monitor and report the actual achievement of target results for existing and developing programs;
- Review and approve the performance monitoring plans, including results indicators and milestones presented in RI proposals for grants;
- Monitor, verify and report on results achieved by the programs and propose recommendations to further enhance the achievement of specified results;
- Provide reports based on ongoing implementation of MEAL plans on a monthly/quarterly basis (or whenever required) to Program Director.
- Lead the development of assessment and monitoring tools and oversee monitoring and assessment databases.
- Develop country accountability action plans, ensuring proper implementation and follow-up on beneficiary feedback mechanisms;
- Provide ongoing training to staff at all levels of program implementation in the areas of reporting, accountability, monitoring and evaluation;
- Represent RI at relevant sector meetings.
- The job holder should continuously demonstrate a high level of professionalism while working or coordinating with beneficiaries; any incident or work-related conflict should be immediately reported to the Program Director. The Job holder should avoid going into any work-related communication which might jeopardize the relationship or the reputation of RI.
- Foster and maintain an effective, efficient and positive relationship with the beneficiaries, their families, local communities, RI’s project staff and governmental agencies;
- In alignment with the policies and procedures, coordinate closely with the Program team and field staff regarding the organization of field visits.
Team Management and Employee Supervision
- Responsible for managing the staff of the M&E unit, including but not limited to: employee relations, grievances, leaves’ management, empowerment, training and development, performance objectives, capacity building, completion of performance evaluations in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Issues faced in any of the above mentioned aspects should be reported to the HR Team and Program Director; all decisions taken should be in alignment with RI’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supporting staff to make decisions within their level, taking leadership to resolve issues, and collaborating with the Program Director for resolution of issues at a higher level or if assistance is requested;
- In coordination with HR and Program Director, the MEAL Coordinator actively participates in identifying any vacancies and recruitment needs; this includes shortlisting CVs, attending interviews, providing technical feedback, developing ToRs, orienting new joiners regarding their on-the-job tasks and any other related tasks;
- Report immediately any achievements, difficulties or obstacles faced on the field to the direct supervisor. This could be done either written or verbally depending on the type of the incident to be reported.
- Ensure accurate/good quality data collection of the household assessments collected by the enumerators for PDM, OM, and other assessments. Any lack of commitment to the quality of the data collected should be immediately reported to the direct manager/supervisor.
- In alignment with the direct supervisor’s request and in alignment with the instructions and implemented SOPs, the job holder should accurately analyze and compile the data and information to measure the progress and impact of the projects’ activities in relation to the proposals’ indicators.
- Ensure effective and efficient documentation of all collected data quantitatively and qualitatively meeting all programmatic indicators; Ensure that all field-data is collected in a timely manner and stored efficiently in soft and hard copies to be provided upon request; Support the project teams in compiling data for all components of the project upon request.
- Submit the necessary field-reporting documentation after every monitoring activity with the relevant recommendations.
- Assist the Program Director in the MEAL Quarterly report and other required reports in coordination with Program Director and Program Staff.
Internal direct reporting, dotted line work coordination and external coordination
The Job holder reports directly to the Program Director. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the job holder will have a dotted-line work coordination with program team to ensure that tasks are being implemented in alignment with the needed work plans and deliverables.
Span of control and decision making
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Job holder should take decisions related to the accountabilities and tasks outlined above while coordinating directly with the Program Director. Any decision beyond her/his realm or responsibility should be discussed with the PD.
Working Conditions / Operating Environment
The job holder will be located at Beirut’s office. Frequent field visits to the implementation areas and RI’s field offices, when needed, are part of the job holder’s main responsibilities