Kindly submit your cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; mentioning the job title in the subject. Any Email does not contain a title will be automatically discarded. Due to the acute need to fill this position, PU-AMI reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide technical support to ensure the provision of high quality services and best practices management of PUI supportedpharmacies and medical supply chain,
- In coordination with the PHCC Team Managers, evaluate the needs of the health facilities in terms of training, supply chain, etc.
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning hygiene and waste management in the health facilities
- Ensure, in collaboration with the entire Health team, that drugs are dispensed appropriately to the beneficiaries/target population.
- Ensure an accurate follow-up of drug consumption and the rational use of drugs by the partner health facilities, as well as ensuring the analysis and reorientation of practice, if necessary, in collaboration with the staff of the partner health care structures in charge of the pharmacy management and other key staff members.
- Ensure that the drugs are procured and stored in accordance with PU-AMI medical procurement procedures and standards.
- Propose innovative ways to update existing procedures in collaboration with the PHCC Team manager, Health Field Officers, Quality Assurance Advisor and Medical Advisors.
- Ensure PHCC staff in charge of the pharmacy keep control of the overall movement of the pharmacy.
- Analyze weekly and monthly data to detect trends and plan drug order requests accordingly.
- Perform regular field visits to the supported PHCCs in coordination with the Pharmacy Advisor/Base Pharmacist/ and Health Project Manager.
Data collection and reporting
- Provide Drug orders estimations to the BPC following PU-AMI procedures—following a match analysis with MoPH provision.
- Ensure the monthly monitoring and analysis of the indicators (internal and external)
- In collaboration with the Base Pharmacist, Medical Advisor, and Health Field Officer ensure direct supervision of the medical data collection and reporting system implemented in the health facilitiesin relation to medication.
- Following the provision of training by MoPH or other international agency, provide continious follow up/monitoring to guarantee impact and quality of care to the beneficieires with reguards to medication, medical consumables and medical equipment.
- Work with logistics and medical departments of Coordination for the purchase of drugs, consumables and equipment, in accordance with PU-AMI and donors procedures.
- Place orders in collaboration with the Pharmacy Advisor/ Health Coordinator and monitor the purchase request sent in collaboration with the Logistics department.
- Ensure in collaboration with the logistics department, procedures with the local health and administrative authorities are followed as appropriat
- Participate in the technical inspection of local suppliers where appropriateMaintains the register of medical suppliers and continuously screens and up-dates the list
- Coordinate with Base Pharmacists/Health Project Managers/Logistics to prepare a unified Purchase Request for medication, supplies, and equipment
- Coordinate with Base Pharmacists/Health Project Managers/Logistics to distribute procured medication, supplies, and equipment to supported PHCCs
- Manage the Medical items transfer between the supported PHCCs.
- Track and document properly the donated and transferred items by using the appropriate documents (GIO / GRN / Waybills) and request signature to the appropriate staff.
- Conduct quality control on supplies and equipments received;
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of any special procurement program assigned to the Health Departement;
specific objective and linked activities
Capacity building/transfer of knowledge
- In coordination with the Team Managers PHCC and Community, provide necessary support to the partner health facilities in terms of the activities implementation (training, capacity building).
- Provide capacity building and support to Base Pharmacists to ensure the timely and accurate submission of reports. In coordination with the Pharmacy Advisor
Capitalization/Institutional knowledge Building
- Technical capitalization works for the whole mission in collaboration with the Health Project Manager, Pharmacist Advisor and Health Coordinator;
- Develop understanding of the Lebanon situation (beneficiaries, needs, political context, and strategy of intervention…);
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
PRIORITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Assess all PHCC pharmacy status in order to understand their functioning
- develop a working plan with the direct supervisor for improvements on pharmacy management
- Provide weekly and monthly basis analysis on consumption reports to the direct supervisor, health project manager
- monitor the rational use of drugs, provides feedback to the phcc staff working in the pharmacy, provision of drugs orders.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: Pharmacist, minimum experience of 2 years and experience in medical procurement.
- Work experience: Proven experience in NGOs. Knowledge of the project cycle and logical framework; ability to monitor activities’ indicators;
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Basic Knowledge in supply, accounting, and financial procedures.
- Other requirements
- Valid driving licence
- Management and pedagogical skills
- Good knowledge of Mount Lebanon districts’ geography, willing to travel locally
- Literacy in reporting
- Knowledge of Health Information Systems use in different project of MoPH is an asset
- Interest: Work in relief, interest for social issues
- Transversal skills
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical