Deputy Country Manager- Lebanon
- Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 26 January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the vacancy position (Deputy Country Manager - Lebanon) in the subject line.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Title: Deputy Country Manager- Lebanon
Reports to: Country Manager- Lebanon
Starting date: 1stMarch 2019
Palestine Association for Children’s Encouragement of Sports (PACES), is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 7-16 years. From March - November every year, children are granted an escape from being idle on the streets, or in their homes; an escape that is fun, healthy, and one that encourages participation and inclusion. Since its establishment, PACES has reached out and served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches and assistant coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs and other community-based organizations situated in refugee camps and most marginalized and vulnerable areas in Palestine and Jordan, and in the refugee camps of Lebanon. All programs promote gender equality and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
1. To enhance children’s life skills through sports programs and educational activities and empower them to become active citizens within their communities.
2. To enhance employability skills for young female and male coaches.
3. To improve the capacity of local partners to become part of the development of sustainable communities.
4. To provide equal opportunities for both genders in sports.
General Description of the Role:
The Deputy Country Manager will work closely with the Country Manager inthe management and ongoing development of PACES’ work in Lebanon, including the supervision of the sports program, monitoring the performance of the Area Supervisors, Assistant Area Supervisors and other staff, while ensuring that PACES’ work in Lebanon contributes effectively and efficiently towards meeting the short, medium, and long term objectives of the organization.
Furthermore, the Deputy Country Manager is responsible to assist in maintaining, creating, developing and managing the social-civic programs, which add value to PACES’ sports program. The social-civic programs must be implemented in partnership with local or international NGOs and organizations, and work with in advancing the health, wellbeing, and life skills of children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Program’s Implementation & Coordination:
- Participate in country level strategic planning and contributes to the sustainable management and growth of the programs.
- Work with the Country Manager in managing and supervising PACES programs in Lebanon.
- Work with the Country Manage to provide guidance to the staff and ensure the delivery of all planned activities.
- Contribute to the implementation of PACES’ M&E systems and Communication guidelines as requested.
- Work with the Country Manager and the Regional Financial Manager to complete the annual financial audit;
- Contribute to the development of a productive working relationship with PACES’ other offices to ensure that all aspects of programs are implemented to maximum benefit to the children in the three countries.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the programs’ operations to ensure the implementation is in accordance with agreed work plans, and donor agreements.
- Deputize the Country Manager when required.
- - Participates in the development of staff competence through training and coaching of admin program staff and provide recommendation to build the capacity of staff members when a need be.
- - Participate in reviewing the scope of work of a potential position of any recruitment process as requested.
- - Take part in staff annual evaluation as requested.
- - Work with the Country Manager to ensure that PACES’ policies, systems, and rules and regulations are implemented and adhered to.
Fundraising & Proposal writing:
- Pursue funding opportunities as requested.
- Participates in proposal and donors’ reports wiring and proposal budgeting as requested.
- Introduce and Represent PACES to potential and existing donors.
- Identify potential partners to implement non-sports programs.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Development, Business Administration, Project Management, Economics, or a relevant experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience in project management, proposal writing, administration and management in a team environment;
- strong organizational, networking and representational skills; and an ability to manage a very varied and changing workload;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural);
- Proven report writing and budget preparation skills particularly in English;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Applications and in handling of web-based management systems;
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a varied and changing workload.
- Strong management and leadership skills to oversee and lead a team.
- Strong representational skills.
- Familiarity with sports programs for children will be an added value;
- Resident in Beirut and ability to travel to the areas where we have partners frequently.
- This position will entail both field and office work, with a total of 43 hours per week.
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserves the right to change this document whenever it deems necessary.