Protection Assistants X 2
Interested Candidates should submit their applications via the following link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/protection-assistants-x-2---national-r...
Applications sent via email will not be accepted
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam in Lebanon works at local, national and international levels to improve the protection of civilian population in situation of insecurity and displacement. The protection assistant will contribute to Oxfam’s overall efforts to bring about improvements to the safety of civilian populations in Lebanon, as well as local and national change in the protection framework.
- To Gather and document data around protection concerns and threats and contribute to analyses on trends and needs of displacement affected populations in the Bekaa, Lebanon.
- Support refugees to safely access useful, reliable and accurate information as well as adequate services.
Zahle, with daily travel to North Bekaa
Fixed Term - 1 Year, renewable based on availability of funds and
This role reports to:
Senior Protection Officer
Staff reporting to this post:
Annual budget for the post:
Project Manager; Protection Policy and Research Advisor.
This role will be subject for screening checks
- Conduct focus group discussions, interviews and observations to obtain information about protection challenges, threats and needs faced by displacement-affected populations,
- Prepare for field activities, including community consultations and information sessions, and contribute to design where possible,
- Conduct and follow-up on referrals, respecting Oxfam’s policies and guidelines for responsible data management and the ICRC professional standards in protection work,
- Support coordination and follow up with partners and other relevant organizations in relation to activities and workplans,
- In collaboration with the MEAL team, submit monthly MEAL reports to track the beneficiary numbers of the information dissemination and referral activities and ensure regular update of protection tools and beneficiary feedback systems,
- Support activities under Oxfam’s research and advocacy efforts in relation to protection,
- Provide timely written feedback on protection incidents,
- Maintain regular contact with rights holders in target areas, including refugee representatives, and ensure adequate and continuous support to community focal points,
- Collect data and ensure adequate information dissemination,
- Participate in defining methods of community participation that ensure the greatest possible participation of vulnerable groups, and ensure correct implementation throughout all activities as appropriate,
- Maintain, along with the rest of the team, a weekly workplan,
- Support other teams where necessary to ensure safe programming,
- Ensure a constant and constructive relationship with Oxfam project teams and partners,
- Other tasks may be required.
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
skills, experience and knowledge
- BA degree in a relevant field (social sciences, development studies, etc),
- Good understanding of protection and refugee contexts, including basic human rights knowledge
- Good organizational skills (ability to develop workplans, organize their work, prioritize tasks, basic understanding of project quality and spending).
- Excellent Arabic and good English languages skills
- Adherence to and respect of Oxfam’s mission, vision and values including protection of rights, ending inequality and gender justice,
- Proven analytical skills,
- Understanding of project-level monitoring, learning, and adaptation,
- Ability to work with team members collaboratively,
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative
- Experience in working with communities in humanitarian or development contexts,
- Experience in using participatory research and assessment methodologies,
- Experience in data collection and referral systems.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences