To apply, please click on the below link and ensure that you fill the entire application. Empty and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing the logistics team in the North Office. He/She will handle large-scale procurements and is responsible to ensure compliance with NRC’s policies and procedures and donors’ rules and regulations in relation to Procurement, Warehousing, Fleet Management, and Asset Management.
- Provide technical advice and support to implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures in the north office.
- Provide follow-up and controls to ensure adherence to the NRC Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, fleet management, asset management).
- Prepare and implement, in coordination with the Logistics Manager in Beirut, a capacity-building plan for training and development of the logistics team.
- Follow up on the procurement plans and requisition tracking in the office.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports and plans as required.
- Ensure proper filing of all logistics documents.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Handle large and medium scale procurements (National tenders, Long Term Agreements, Requests for Quotations, etc.)
- Provide technical advice and support to the Logistics team in the North Office
- Follow up and update the Area Procurement Plan as required
- Coordinate with the Support Manager to ensure a yearly assets count/check for the North office is done.
- Coordinate with the Support Manager to ensure proper warehouse management and yearly stock count/check for the warehouses in the north is done.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers in the North and the Logistics Coordinator in Beirut to ensure proper management and efficient use of NRC’s fleet in the North office.
- Implement any other logistics related task as requested by the Support Manager
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Coordinate closely with the Support Manager, Beirut Logistics Manager and Logistics Coordinator.
- Coordinate closely with the Logistics Officer to identify gaps and areas for technical support within the logistics team.
- Work closely with HR and the other support functions to ensure there is a systematic and coherent approach to capacity building of staff in the team.
- Finance Team in the North
- Project Managers and Coordinators to understand their needs and assist developing in procurement plans
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain, or any relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Logistics, procurement and contracts management;
- Experience in supply chain operations;
- Experience in fleet, warehouse and assets management;
- Proficient in MS Office applications;
- Fluent in both Arabic and English, written and verbal.
- Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments