Information Field Assistant
To apply, please click on the below link and ensure that you fill the entire application. Empty and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The ICLA (Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance) Field Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the ICLA program in Beirut and Mount Lebanon through providing quality information and counselling to beneficiaries to develop better understanding of the protection situation for the target communities.
- Develop and manage a weekly activity plan for the provision of information sessions in Beirut and Mount Lebanon under the supervision of the Information Field Officer
- Gather information on activities being implemented by other humanitarian actors in Beirut and Mount Lebanon and provide it to the Information Field Officer in order to maintain a clear, comprehensive and up-to-date written mapping of services
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on how to access basic services through individual and group information sessions conducted in centre or other humanitarian organisations and through outreach, in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed work plans
- Provide information and counselling to beneficiaries on legal issues (legal status, civil documentation, including birth registration, and Housing, Land and Property rights), in accordance with ICLA structure and guidance, and agreed work plans
- Use agreed templates and tools to document ICLA's activities in the field
- Provide inputs to ICLA reports on activities in Beirut and Mount Lebanon and on gaps, challenges and opportunities and suggestions as how to respond to them, as required by the Information Field Officer and ICLA Coordinator.
- Work cooperatively with the beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures
- Assist the Information Field Officer in developing materials to be used in ICLA field activities
- Provide inputs to the Information Field Officer on technical issues and questions that arise during the course of information and counselling activities
- Assist in arranging appointments with ICLA lawyers and appropriately manage ICLA's legal assistance cases, in accordance with ICLA structure, guidelines and principles and in close liaison with the Legal Field Officer (and/or legal focal points, as relevant)
- Provide inputs to the Information Field Officer on information, legal and protection needs of target communities that are identified during the course of information and counselling activities
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure the satisfactory progress, quality, efficiency and accountability of ICLA's activities in BML, in accordance with the agreed monitoring and evaluation plan for BML
- Ensure that ‘do no harm’ principles are mainstreamed throughout the project management cycle
- Organize ICLA project documents properly and in a timely manner and in accordance with the ICLA filing structure and principles of confidentiality and protection
- Assist the Assessments team in preparing for and conducting stand-alone assessments in BML
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces with this position are:
- ICLA field teams
- Humanitarian actors
- Beneficiaries and host communities
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Relations or Social Sciences (desirable)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in the humanitarian/development sector (desirable)
- Experience in legal and/or protection work in a humanitarian context (desirable)
- Experience of providing information and counselling services (desirable)
- Experience of community sensitization (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in Arabic and in English
- Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office
- Behavioral competencies
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environments.