To apply, please click on the below link and make sure to fill the entire application:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The Administration Assistant is responsible for performing clerical and administration duties and providing support to staff and visitors in daily offices/premises needs in line with NRC’s procedures and standards.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Occupy the reception area. Dispatch calls, mails and direct visitors
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Assist in Administrative routines and implementation of procedures for main office and field offices when needed.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed quantities and items; place and expedite orders; and verify receipt.
- Order and dispatch prepaid lines for NRC Main office staff on monthly basis.
- Coordinate the provision of telephone lines and necessary follow up (both mobiles and landlines).
Order new lines, cancel, transfer and initiate payments when due.
- Ensure that all utility and running costs of the office and NRC premises are followed up, received and paid on timely manner.
- Coordinate for accommodations and conferences as needed and follow up on payments and agreements.
- Arrange for staff and visitors flight bookings and liaise with travel agencies companies for offers and confirmations.
- Issue Purchase requisitions and orders for all administration related needs including printing, visibilities, kitchen supplies, office needs etc.
- Prepare relevant Payment vouchers and follow up on payments
- Assist in requesting quotations, receive offers and prepare bid comparisons for Administration related issues upon need.
- Manage and organize the booking schedule of NRC Guesthouse and follow up on cleaning schedules and needs.
- Follow up NRC offices and other NRC premises’ maintenance records and visits.
- Perform any other administration related tasks requested by the Line manager or Head of Support.
- Logistics: Work closely with Logistics on PR’s, PO’s and Bid analysis
- Finance: Coordinate with Finance on invoices and payments vouchers
- NRC Field Offices Coordinate with field offices and different departments on orders and follow ups
- External: Work closely with relevant companies and suppliers as per Administration needs
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 1 to 2 year of experience from working in the administration field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
2. Behavioural competencies
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with Change
- Handling insecure environment