FIELD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Please send your CV & Cover Letter to the below email by 07th of July 2020 and specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email otherwise it will not be considered.
Email: [email protected]
Subject: FIELD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Only selected applicant will be contacted for a test and an interview if successful.
Contributing to the implementation of operational communication strategy in the mission according to MSF standards. Aiming at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country. Focusing on media alert, local media management and content diffusion.
a) Media Management
- Under the supervision of the Field Communications Manager, the FCO establishes and maintains regular relations with key local media contacts (journalists, bloggers, photographers, and cameramen).
- He/ she will handle local media requests and contact local media proactively to pitch MSF.
- He/she organizes events for local media (Press conference, Press briefing…). The FCO may act as a spokesperson for local media, particularly in local languages not spoken by members of the field coordination team.
b) Media Alert
- The FCO monitors local media and flags significant articles, trends, news or reports of importance for MSF or on the context to Head(s) of Mission and Field Communications Manager (FCM).
- He/she produces strategic reports on the local media landscape (key media, audience numbers, political affiliation, ownership, freedom of speech, use of social media) and regularly reports on new developments.
- He/she provides guidance on how to deal with local media at time of crisis.
c) Content Diffusion
- The FCO actively diffuses MSF content in the country in local languages and among local media. If judged applicable, he/ she uses social media (twitter, blogs, Facebook....) to promote this content.
d) Content Production
- The FCO supervises the production of local communication tools and products (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, articles, photos, videos) according to local strategy and budget.
- In particular, he/she will help identify the right communications tools and will adapt/translate communications materials to targeted local audiences.
e) Internal Communication
- The FCO will help in promoting MSF external communications principles and material towards the national staff (Why does MSF communicate, what does MSF communicate about, how does MSF communicates) although it is his not his/her prime responsibilities.
- He/ she will sensitize national staff about potential external communications risks.
- If need be he/ she can edit the production of internal communication tools (newsletter, etc.) under the supervision of the FCO.
- When applicable the FCO will provide communication training for other staff.
- The FCO will participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- The FCO co-creates the social media strategy with the FCM and other parties to best serve the objectives of the local Country Communication Framework
- The FCO creates and diffuses MSF content on MSF social media on weekly basis (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, You Tube....) to promote this content.
- The FCO contributes to the reputation management of MSF through regularly responding to social media requests (messages and comments) on all social media portals
- FCO seeks to create partnerships with local social media pages to spread awareness about MSF projects and initiatives in Lebanon
- The FCO will be in charge of creating audio-visual content to promote for current MSF projects including taking pictures, making short videos, & collecting patient testimonies in different areas across Lebanon
Essential: degree in Journalism, Communications or related university degree.
Essential: previous working experience of at least two years in communications, journalism or public relations in the country. Essential: previous working experience in dealing with media in the country.
Proficiency in mission language(s) essential English, French is a Plus. Excellent command of local languages in the mission country.
Excellent writing skills Thorough knowledge of traditional media and good understanding of social media Good networking and media relations skills Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) , and Adobe programs. Outgoing personality, good balance between initiative and working in a team.