Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and Cover Letter to the email address: [email protected]. The title of the e-mail should include the Candidate's Name + Position he/she is applying for (Nurse)
Kindly only apply if you can commit to work on weekends
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Short-list will be done on rolling basis.
Deadline: completed applications must be received by: Saturday, 25th of July 2020
Médecins Sans Frontières/أطباء بلا حدود بلا أطباء (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 + countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
MSF in Lebanon is planning to open a primary health care center, integrated to the Migrant Community Center, in order to offer medical assistance for migrant workers in Beirut. Currently, MSF Dora's project is operating through a Helpline at an office and Outreach community activities and is looking for a Nurse to provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, outreach, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient, also family and community when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and other necessary prophylactic and protection care.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Organizing, informing and providing prescribed medications; follow-up on chronic intakes and arranging for systematic supply.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision; assisting on training medical team members ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
Education: Essential bachelor degree in nursing, with a license to practice from MoPH
- Experience and confort to work with Mental Health cases, administer Mental health injections and follow-up on MH treatment prescribed by the Psychiatrist.
- Basic knowledge in pharmacy management and dispensation
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Desirable previous experience with violence / SGBV related programs, and/or with neglected/vulnerable population groups
- Interrest and / or experience in patient centered management is an asset
- Flexibility to work on weekends
- Language: Arabic and English (spoken/written fluency) are mandatory. French is a plus.
- Computer literacy is mandatory: Basic computer literacy is mandatory (e.g: excel, word, mailbox / communication)
- Open mindeness and flexibility – availability to work/collaborate with people from various background, origin, religion, etc.
- Flexibility to work both at the office and outreach interventions: community houses, shelters, private acommodations; etc.
- Team spirit and collaboration: MSF aim to provide medical care in a multi disciplinary approach – availability to work with other medical, paramedical and psycho-social components
- Commitment to MSF principles and value is mandatory (MSF aim to respect patient’s right and dignity, according to MSF protocols and values). Adherence to MSF values is mandatory, Interrest and / or experience in patient centered management is an asset
- Behavioral flexibility and open mindedness (commitment to work/collaborate respectfully with people from various background, origin, religion, etc.)
- Service Orientation
- Results and quality orientation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.