Head of Support Services - MSF Lebanon
Interested candidates are required to send their applications to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position they are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Support Services, (Finance IT and office management) is an exciting new polyvalent position that has overall strategic responsibility including leadership and management of all support services including Finance, IT and office management department. The function ensures professional administrative support, delivery of systems and processes to MSF Lebanon Branch Office as well as financial stability and credibility and appropriate overall planning, follow-up and learning.
The Head of Support Services is a member of the MSF Lebanon Branch Office coordination team (CT) with the responsibility to contribute to the overall accountability of MSF Lebanon Branch office, following both Lebanese and Egyptian legislations and regulations and to ensure that MSF Lebanon Branch office acts as a responsible employer. Being part of the CT, also includes the responsibility to support the Executive Director in the overall delivery on strategies and plans; in the strategic development of MSF Lebanon as a Branch office.
Responsible for the development of and delivery on department objectives:
- Development and implementation of strategies for the different functions in the department
- Development of an annual plan and budget (within the annual Lebanon/Cairo plan and budget) in collaboration with the department and the CT
- Good collaboration with internal MSF entities and external stakeholders such as collaboration partners and/or suppliers
- Representing MSF Lebanon through participation in the relevant internal MSF Finance coordination platforms
- Responsible for the management, supervision and development of the Branch Office Assistant.
In close collaboration with the finance department of MSF in Brussels:
- Financial stability, credibility and transparency
- Responsible for managing the financial management system: accounting and budgeting
- Management of the accounting: accurate and complete recording of the financial transactions, monthly and annual closing processes
- Ensuring MSF Lebanon is compliant with all documented control procedures, local taxes & other regulatory payments and relevant accounting standards
- Provide advice on local decision making and the effective and efficient management of resources
- Overall responsibility for annual budget process, ongoing monitoring of expenditure against budget including reporting of variance analyses towards General Director, OCB headquarters and MSF International
- Production of the annual financial report
- Timely financial information reporting
Planning, follow up, learning and controlling
- Systems, processes, tools and support for
- Analysis, follow up and learning (KPIs, monthly and quarterly reports, forecasts etc)
- Responsible procurement, tenders and supplier contracts
- Risk management
- Legal matters – responsible for the roadmap leading to MSF Lebanon and Cairo offices registrations as formal entities with the Lebanese and Egyptian authorities.
- Professional IT systems and IT support, in close cooperation with MSF IT focal points
- Follow up on IT security and data protection matters
Front desk and office management
- Ensuring there is a system for professional reception services and support
- Efficient co-ordination of administrative and practical issues within the office and liaising with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring good office management including safety and security