Network Trainer, BALADI CAP, Lebanon
Interested candidates are required to apply through the MSI website through the link provided below. Only applications received through this link will be considered, and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment – Capacity Building (BALADI CAP) is a 7+ year, USAID-funded program which aims to build the capacity of selected civil society organizations (CSOs) to manage and implement grants, foster increased citizen engagement with policy-makers and parliamentary committees, as well as support the continued development of 3 issue-based CSO advocacy networks and targeted advocacy initiatives on selected priority topics, in collaboration and partnership with selected local partners and governmental entities. BALADI CAP will also support selected Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) to provide improved services for vulnerable populations in their communities.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking to pre-identify trainers to support in the implementation of the capacity building activities targeting partner networks. The selected trainer will be responsible to provide training sessions and further technical assistance to allow targeted networks to improve their advocacy skills, strengthen their networks and increase their networking capacity including group decision-making and collaboration, conflict resolution, etc.
Between March and September 2020, training services should support one or more of the following technical assistance topics:
- Network strengthening and alliance building
- Negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Design and/or implementation of specific advocacy projects/campaigns
- Media relations and enhanced visibility for network
- Social media for advocacy
- Financial and grants management
- Fundraising and proposal writing
The selected trainer should provide partner networks with the knowledge and skills needed to further increase and solidify networks and / or their fundraising, financial and grant management capacities. The aim is to improve the networks’ abilities to advocate and act as independent entities with improved administrative capacity and financial sustainability.
Under the scope of work, the trainer shall be required to perform the following activities:
- Provide standard training on one or more subject matter mentioned above. These trainings aim to strengthen networks, and increase advocacy, administrative and financial management capacities of the networks to increase their operational sustainability. The activity will include:
- Identifying the needs of target participants
- Preparing the workshop agenda
- Providing training materials tailored to the needs of the target participants
- Delivering the training, especially facilitating active participant discussions
- Training evaluation and participant feedback, including assessment of participants’ awareness and knowledge before and after the training (pre- and post-test)
- Preparing a workshop report, which includes pictures and quotes from the training and analysis on how the training helped achieve its intended outcomes
- Provide On-the-Job Trainings (OJTs) to address identified gaps, as well as specific issues of need and interest to network members. This will entail on-site visits to network partners which are expected to increase capacity (knowledge and skills) of network staff on topics relevant to their organizational function and specific needs. This activity includes:
- Conducting regular visits for up to 3 networks
- Drafting minutes of meetings following each technical assistance visit
- Providing OJT visit reports, which includes pictures, quotes, and qualitative evidence on the change in capacity and on the application of the new knowledge
- Writing success stories to reflect the capacity building achievements
- Develop lessons learned from the entire capacity building course and provide recommendations to MSI to help lead and implement similar activities in the future. This activity includes:
- Preparing a brief final report to include an overview of activities, lessons learned and recommendations
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.