SGBV Case Worker
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
Please mention title in subject
Contact Person Name:
Contact Person Position:
Head of HR
Contact Person Email:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure cases harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by conducting documentation, assessments, action plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load
- Provide support to vulnerable individuals/children/families with protection concerns in the process of psychosocial support and case management.
- Work directly with other caseworkers and service providers on management of caseload and referral
- Act at all times according to guiding principles of SGBV case management including:
- A Survivor centered approach
- Ensuring confidentiality
- Prioritization according to safety concerns
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- Acting according to the best interests of the child
- Ensuring accountability
- Respecting professional boundaries and avoiding conflicts of interest
Case Management Tasks:
- Participate in and support the identification of individual cases identified by the team or referred by other agencies.
- Conduct psychosocial assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well-being.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate case plans for high-risk cases identified with clear outcomes and time-frame.
- Advocate with different institutions and services providers to help beneficiaries to access needed resources and services.
- Ensure coordination with other service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the assistance provided.
- Provide basic emotional support for urgent cases.
- Ensure the provision of emergency cash assistance for the most vulnerable clients, according to the needs of the clients, the agreed criteria and the internal procedures and under the supervision of the Social
- Work Team Leader/Protection Coordinator.
- Participate in management of the hotline.
- Participate in weekly casework allocation and planning meetings.
- Ensure that data protection protocols are respected.
- Participate in meetings and training in and outside the center including case management meetings, case conference meetings or any other meetings when required.
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Social Worker/Social Work Manager for updates on achievements and challenges
- Accomplish any other assignments allocated by line managers.
- Participate and collaborate in recreational, psychosocial, awareness activities conducted in or outside of the center when requested by the Social Work Team Leader.
- Support the organization of specific events or activities inside or outside of the center.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Provide daily and weekly updates to the Social Work Manager on cases assessed and supported.
- Support the Senior Social Worker in the production of daily weekly reports to the Social Work Manager, Protection Coordinator and Unit Coordinator.
- Contribute to the update of the Makhzoumi Foundation case management system and UNHCR RAIS.
- Strong awareness of and experience in working with issues around gender, discrimination and the rights of women and girls is essential for this post.
- Communication and follow up skills
- Team player
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Excellent reporting skills
- Dynamic personality and ability to work under pressure
- Time management
- Interest in field working
09 Aug, 2020
Monday, 31 August 2020
Period of Employment:
800 to 1200 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Counselling, Psychology or other related field.
1 to 2 years