Interested candidates shall send their CV and cover letter to the e-mail email@example.com adressed to the Administrative Coordinator. Both documents are mandatory. Please indicate the position you are applying to on the subject of your e-mail.
MAGNA is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical, nutritional and social aid to children and their families affected by a disaster or crisis without any prejudice of the ethnic, religious or racial origin. We currently intervene in 6 major crisis throughout the world. In Lebanon we intervene in Northern Beqaa providing primary healthcare care services of communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases (NDC), access to comprehensive reproductive health services, including antenatal, as well as mental health and PPS sessions. We provided services to all vulnerable population.
The main tasks of the medical doctor would be to:
- Provide medical consultations and adequate treatment both for pediatric patients and adults (acute and chronic) through static and mobile health services
- Collaborate with the midwife for the treatment and adequate medication of reproductive health disorders
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent, carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MAGNA protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Refer the patients in need of secondary health care to adapted services and follow up
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of medical data, checking their validity and informing the line manager about any problem or complication.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Know and ensure all MAGNA medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
- Assure accountability towards every patients respecting and supporting MAGNA accountability mechanisms.
- Promote and participate in awareness-raising initiatives related to health best practices, hygiene and GBV prevention.