To apply, please email Lebanon Support expressing interest in the position and attach the following in English, in one PDF file:
- A CV, detailing all relative experience and education- along with dates,
- A cover letter that explains how the candidate fulfills the job requirements, and how the Civil Society Incubator can address the local needs and challenges CSOs face in Lebanon.
- Two (2) references.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2018, including "Incubator-Programme Coordinator" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Terms of reference
About Lebanon Support
Lebanon Support is an action-oriented, non-profit research centre for and about civil society.
We are a multidisciplinary space creating synergies and bridging between researchers, experts, civil society and NGO practitioners, and activists. Lebanon Support aims to foster social change through innovative uses of social science, digital technologies, and publication and exchange of knowledge.
We achieve our action-oriented mission , through 3 main programs:
Daleel Madani: Lebanon’s civil society network (daleel-madani.org)
The Civil Society Knowledge Centre (CSKC): our online research platform (civilsociety-centre.org)
The Civil Society Incubator which provides tailored support and mentoring (csincubator.lebanon-support.org)
The Civil Society Incubator, officially launched in 2016, provides tailored support and mentoring on issues relevant to civil society, among others. Incubation at Lebanon Support covers a wide array of civil society topics (including, but not restricted to, organisational management, finance, research, advocacy, networking, communication, web development) and is done through an array of services such as provision of office space, coaching and mentoring, among others. Additionally, open workshops are organised within the Incubator, and resources and helpful tips are published on its blog.
The Programme Coordinator ensures the overall, strategic and day-to-day management of the Civil Society Incubator programme and its smooth functioning. The Programme Coordinator is the technical lead and supervisor of the Civil Society Incubator programme.
Under the direct supervision of the executive team, the Programme Coordinator’s main tasks include:
- Establish and maintain systems and work plans for program and project/s operations in accordance with Lebanon Support policies and procedures, as well as donors requirements to meet programme’s objectives and targets;
- Provide regular progress reports on achievements against programme designs and other updates as necessary. Track deliverables and communicate the project's progress to the Director, as well as external partners and donors;
- Lead on the preparation and submission of reports (narrative, financial, etc) as per grant agreements, following up closely with the project team and submitting to donors and management;
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of programme, training and activity sessions (including in-person visits and reviewing activity reports) to ensure plans translate into practice; and provide constructive feedback to improve future activities;
- Development and review of programme related materials, tools, maintaining quality and consistency;
- Manage the programme budget, ensuring that expenditures are managed as per agreed budgets and ensuring that Lebanon Support and donor financial systems are adhered to;
- Recruit external experts and trainers, and follow up on them, including: assisting and/ organising meetings with the consultant, preparing meetings materials, and taking minutes during meetings;
- Maintain a filing system for all projects related documentations;
- Ensure proper communication and coordination with team members in order to achieve work efficiently;
- Resource mobilisation, fundraising, and programme sustainability
- Develop a resource mobilisation strategy and sustainability plan for the programme;
- Identify key funding priorities and funding sources, and develop proposals in collaboration with other team members;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements;
- Identify strategic partnerships with donors, universities, as well as other relevant organisations;
- Develop and implement partnership documents, including policies, data and information sharing agreements, etc.
- In addition to the above, the Programme Coordinator will perform other duties as needed.
- Master’s degree in NGO Management, Development, Social Sciences or relevant disciplines from an accredited University.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with CSOs in Lebanon, focusing on capacity-building (curricula development, trainings, etc.) and Project Cycle Management; technical expertise in program management and education is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English are a must, French is as asset.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours, and work on the weekends when necessary.
- Strong analytical, organisational, and strategic planning skills with an ability to think critically and creatively.
- Ability to foresee challenges and delays to mitigate risks.
- Proactive and autonomous with tasks and duties.
- High ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and email.
- Non-judgmental attitude and respect for Lebanon Support’s partners, other staff and people that Lebanon Support works with.