Administration and Finance Officer
Terms of reference
Administration and Finance Officer
About Lebanon Support
Lebanon Support is a research centre for and about civil society.
Established in 2006, Lebanon Support was registered as a National Non-Governmental Organisation in 2008 (registered under the number 168/2009 AD).
Lebanon Support is a multidisciplinary space creating synergies and bridging between researchers, experts, civil society and NGO practitioners, and activists. Lebanon Support aims to foster social change through innovative uses of social science, digital technologies, and publication and exchange of knowledge.
Lebanon Support is currently implementing three main programmes: Daleel Madani, launched in 2006, an online collaborative platform for civil society news and services; and the Civil Society Knowledge Centre, launched in 2013, is the first and most developed online platform for research and knowledge management for civil society organisations, professionals, academics, and activists in Lebanon. Finally Lebanon Support has launched in 2016 the Civil Society Incubator, a programme designed to foster the creation, development, and growth of local civil society and public action initiatives, organisations, or projects.
Job Purpose: Ensure sound, timely, and sustainable management of the centre’s financial and administrative issues, as well as their compliance with Lebanon Support’s regulations and procedures in addition to donor guidelines.
The Administration & Finance Officer will be responsible for finance management, accounts maintenance, budget control, and for coordinating broad administrative support functions, which include execution of administrative tasks as summarised below:
Under the supervision of the Director, and the executive team, and in close collaboration with research and project officers/ managers:
Financial & accounting tasks
- Responsible for development and implementation of the budgets and resource mobilisation for the centre’s activities based on the strategic action plan. Participate in the implementation and development of the Organisation's projects and activities by planning and controlling all financial and administrative services/support required.
- Maintain a sound accounting and finance management system;
- Responsible for the data entry after verifying that all documents are eligible and accurately recorded;
- Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with international and Lebanese standards;
- Produce monthly financial statements such as income statement, balance sheets and trial balance in addition to project reports;
- Maintain updated financial records and brief continuously the Director, Executive team, or responsible officers about the financial status of the programmes;
- Prepare accounts and bank reconciliations;
- Process all payments:
- Responsible of petty cash box;
- Updating and maintaining comprehensive inventories of the centre;
- Coordinate with responsible officers to ensure that pertinent rules and regulations are respected;
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system for all financial documents (electronically and physically);
- Manage the assets and property accounts;
- Coordinate with and assist LS external auditor(s);
- Prepare reports to the Ministry of interior (MOI);
- Perform other duties of similar nature.
- Supervise staff assigned to the Administrative Team, establish clear work objectives, conduct timely and effective performance appraisals, provide coaching and feedback, and support staff development opportunities;
- Support the day-to-day administrative management of the centre, programmes and projects;
- Perform the procurement process according to the appropriate regulations;
- Monitor and coordinate the upkeep and maintenance of the premises with services providers and municipal/government counterparts as per contracts, basic and lease agreements for the property;
- Administer and manage the logistics and contact for services with service providers;
- Establishing and maintaining a proper filing system for Human Resources, Procurement, contracts in addition to some programmes/ projects documents;
- Support programme and project team in the fulfillment of their duties;
- Assist in events and activities coordination and logistics preparation;
- Update and maintain LS assets.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical equivalent in accounting. Master degree is preferable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance and administration.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in working with nonprofit organisations.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office and especially Excel.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Ability to complete tasks on time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate, and plan with relevant team members
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Contract: One year; with a possibility of renewal.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education, as per Lebanon Support’s salary scale.