Psychosocial Support (PSS) Programme Coordinator
Please specify in the "Subject" of the email the position you are applying for
The PSS Programme Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, implementation and oversight of LRC’s PSS activities within the Medico-Social Sector, and contributes to the broader LRC PSS Programme’s crosscutting objectives and activities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating, planning, developing (including base lines and needs assessments), implementing, as well as monitoring & evaluation of PSS activities and budget in coordination and support of the MS Director and PSS Programme Manager.
- Works with the PSS Officers from the Disaster Management and Emergency Medical Services Sectors to facilitate and promote cross-cutting results and team work across LRC Sectors
- Conducts monitoring field visits on a regular basis to the different project sites to ensure that activities are being implemented according to the detailed implementation plans of the MS Sector, and in compliance with monitoring and evaluation tools, and provides support (feedback and coaching) to Social Workers accordingly. Provides regular feedback on visits to MS Director and PSS Programme Manager.
- Participates in inter-departmental PSS committee meetings and UN coordination meetings/working groups at central level. Coordinates participation of social workers in UN coordination meetings/working groups at regional level. Provides feedback on meetings to PSS project officers and DRC project manager.
- Submits timely and accurate monthly PSS narrative report on the project activities of the MS Sector.
- Provides technical support on psychosocial support, gender-based violence, and child protection to MS field teams in relation to project activities.
- Facilitates or supports project related trainings/workshops for staff and volunteers.
- Provides relevant trainings to LRC staff and volunteers in the relation to the Medico-Social Sector and crosscutting PSS activities. Coordinates with and supports PSS trainers conducting courses for MS volunteers and staff.
- Assists the PSS Programme Manager in calling for project meetings, preparing agendas for meetings, ensuring feedback from the field, taking minutes and following up on the action points from these meetings according to agreed deadlines.
- Supports HQ to prepare field visits for donors.
- Other activities as requested by the MS Director and PSS Programme Manager
Function Specific Experience
- Experience in project management and the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Experience in writing monthly reports
- Experience in providing technical supervision to field teams on Psychosocial Support and Child Protection and Gender Based Violence
- Experience in training field staff on Psychosocial Support, Child Protection and Gender Based Violence
- Experience in community based interventions (for e.g. Community Based Health and First Aid)
Industry Related Experience
- Previous experience as an LRC volunteer is an asset
- Experience in working for a humanitarian aid organization in Lebanon