DCA HMA Lebanon – searcher. Operating base south Lebanon
The candidate must have personal commitment to DCA’s Core Humanitarian Standards which include gender equity, human rights and equal opportunity. In addition, as a DCA staff member, you will be obliged to adhere to its policies on Sexual Harassment and Anti-Corruption. Details of these and other policies can be found on DCA’s website:
Candidates should send their application along with CV’s to email@example.com by 8th December 2018. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line. DCA employees are encouraged to apply.
DanChurchAid is an independent Danish None Governmental Organization committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for all our positions. For information about DCA visit www.danchurchaid.org
Your general responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct Battel area clearance as instructed by Team Leader or Site Supervisor.
- Ensure clearance equipment is properly maintained in good working condition and report faults.
- Conduct his/her work in a safe manner and as by DCA SOPs (Standard Operations Procedures) and NMAS (National Mine Action Standards).
- Conduct other tasks as required by Team Leader or Site Supervisor.
You will be part of a BAC Clearance Team and you will be working closely with the Team Leader and the Site Supervisor within South Lebanon and/or Central/North Lebanon. You will receive training in explosive remnants of war clearance by DCA expert staff. You will be accredited, if successful, by the Lebanon Mine Action Centre (LMAC).
You have the following qualifications:
- Physically and psychologically fit – employment subject to medical check
- Dedication and motivation to work physically hard and eager to learn
- Have good time keeping
- Excellent inter personnel skills and able to work in a team
- Willingness and ability to be flexible
- English language and complimentary school is an asset
- Previous working experience in similar positions can be an asset
- Your age is between 20 and 35 years.
- Work contract subject to renewal based on performance and funding availability starting as soon as possible and no later than 1st of January 2018. The first three months’ will be a probation period.
- Competitive salary package
- NSSF contributions
- Good working environment