Terms of Reference: Consultancy for organizational assessments, -strengthening and -development
The deadline for submitting applications is 18th of July 2018.
Please submit a cover letter along with curriculum vitae, documentation of
credentials/qualifications, list of references (3), and a financial offer
including VAT together with a time frame and a methodological note. All
materials shall be submitted in English to
Kindly note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Ideally, we would like
to start with the implementation maximum in the beginning of September 2018.
Objectives of the capacity building assessment:
- To have a better understanding of Kvinna till Kvinna partner organizations’ needs in terms of capacity building.
- To establish a capacity building action plan together with the partner organizations
- To have a baseline and measurement system for follow up related to capacity building.
- To be able to map similarities and differences between different partners’ strengths and weaknesses and subsequently identify opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring.
Deliverables and reporting requirements
- Submit an inception report (around 1-2 pages) explaining how the consultant envisions the process of the organizational capacity building assignment and a detailed work plan, including tentative timing.
Desk review and preparation of workshops
- A review should be done by the consultant including assessment of existing project documents and previous assessments per partner organization;
- Tailor the organizational capacity assessment tool to each partner according to their operational context of partner and their different needs and capacities (the assessment tool needs to be in harmony with the principles of Do no Harm and have a feministic approach- it is up to the consultant to choose whether to use a pre-existing tool or to design their own tool if Kvinna till Kvinna can use later);
- Preparation of workshops for the partner organisations, including preparation of materials in Arabic, and all logistics connected to the workshop, with the support of Kvinna till Kvinna;
- Presentation to and discussion with the Kvinna till Kvinna programme team before finalizing the workshop plans per partner, for approval by Kvinna till Kvinna;
- Conduct one 2 days’ workshop for each partner organization in locations TBC in Middle East and/or Europe
- The purpose of the workshop:
- To discuss findings with partner organizations
- To discuss and draft the organizational capacity building plan
Development of capacity building plans for partners:
- Follow-up skype calls with key staff in each partner organisation to discuss and finalize the capacity building plans per organisation.
- A report (format can be discussed) that includes overall findings, observations and recommendations per partner organisation to be shared with the concerned partner and Kvinna till Kvinna.
- A final report (format can be discussed) that includes summaries of overall findings, observations and recommendations per partner organisation, an analysis of common needs/gaps/situations in the current partner portfolio of Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria Regional Programme, an overall assessment of the usefulness and efficiency of the capacity building approach, and recommendations for further follow-up in the relationship between Kvinna till Kvinna and the partner organisations.
- The report should be sent to the Syria Regional Programme team by an agreed deadline.
Management and organisation
The consultant will be working closely with the Kvinna till Kvinna Syria Regional Programme team. The consultant is responsible for completing and delivering the above specified deliverables to the Syria Regional Programme team.
The total duration of the consultancy is to be decided between the consultant and Kvinna till Kvinna, based on a time frame submitted by the consultant in accordance with the points specified in this TOR, but is anticipated to not be less than 25 days or more than 55 days. The suggested time frame must include sufficient time allocated per organisation including preparation, workshop, analysing the findings and/or the findings of other assessments, support in developing action plan and follow up. In addition, the consultant shall contextualise the organisational capacity building assessment tool to Kvinna till Kvinna’s programme and the operational context of partner organisations, and deliver reports to Kvinna till Kvinna on the implementation of the consultancy
Consultant fees shall be specified as fees per day including taxes, social security contributions and travel and accommodation including VAT. The tender shall state an estimated total value of tender, including expenses such as telephone, internet or postage, and expenses for travel to the Middle East related to the assignment
Contracted consultant cannot further subcontract the assignment. In cases where the tender includes a team of consultants, their division of work shall be presented.
Kvinna till Kvinna will cover the costs for travels as well as accommodation and per diem during the trainings and follow-up sessions.
- Substantial experience from supporting organisations in organisational development and -strengthening.
- Good understanding of women’s rights, civil society and development programming.
- In-depth knowledge of the Syrian context
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead a group through a set process.
- Experience of planning and conducting workshops.
- Experience in developing methods and writing publications.
- Educational requirement: University degree or equivalent of relevance for the assignment.
- Assignment should be carried out along the principles of Do No Harm and make sure to keep a feministic perspective.
The work plan for the implementation of the consultancy will be developed in partnership with Kvinna till Kvinna and its partner organisations. The deadline for submitting applications is 8th of July 2018. Please submit a cover letter along with curriculum vitae, documentation of credentials/qualifications, list of references (3), and a financial offer including VAT together with a time frame and a methodological note. All materials shall be submitted in English to email@example.com
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please contact Alexandra Karlsdotter Stenström per e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org