The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation promotes women’s rights in over 20 conflict-affected countries in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the South Caucasus. We do so by supporting more than 110 local partner organisations across the world. We focus on Women Peace and Security, economic empowerment, equal participation and gender-based violence. Kvinna till Kvinna’s long-term vision is a world of sustainable peace based on democracy and gender equality, where conflicts are solved without violence, in which women have influence over decision-making and participate fully and effectively in society’s development.
We support local organisations who work for women’s rights in countries across the Middle East and North Africa. Our work in the region is conducted from our offices in Amman, Beirut, Erbil, Jerusalem and Tunis.
Kvinna till Kvinna is now looking to recruit an Event Coordinator with the main responsibility to coordinate and assist in the organisation of a conference on Women’s/Feminist Movements. The conference will take place in Berlin 3-5 May.
This position is fixed-term, placed in the Beirut Office and reports to the Head of Office.
- Liaise with the Host Country Consular services to develop clear visa guidelines for participants and follow up on any visa support requests for speakers, and sponsored participants and staff
- Manage accommodation services, selection of hotels, negotiation of rates and conditions, signing of hotel contract
- Liaise with the travel agency for ticketing
- Ensure a local transportation plan, liaise as necessary with local partners in Berlin
- Organise the venue and site logistics for the conference, including identifying and booking the venue
- Booking audio-visual equipment and catering services
- Ensuring needs of the conference hosts are fully met
- Liaising with partners in berlin for timely shipping of conference packs and materials
- Collaborating with the Beirut office to ensure high quality of the tasks above.
- Coordinate all materials for the conferences, including arranging and overseeing translation where required, and arranging timely shipping to the venue
- To oversee all logistics during the conference
- Coordinate Conference interpretation services
- Establish and implement a conference registration process
- 2+ years of working experience, ideally in managing event planning preferably with international associations or organizations;
- Experience in creating and managing conference/events budgets
- Ability to work hands-on and to handle a large number of aspects simultaneously and prioritize efficiently;
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Facility in handling event-related IT software desirable (registration, mobile apps, etc);
Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure;
Ability to anticipate risks and to identify and deliver workable solutions
Valid passport and ability to travel and availability for being onsite in Berlin at least 2-3 days prior to the Conference and until 5 May 2019;
- Team player with can-do attitude and ability to build effective relationships with people of different background ;
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
This position is full-time (37 hours per week) on a consultancy contract with a salary of 2000- 2500 $ per month depending on experience. The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Lebanon and hold a valid passport for international travel.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
From 18 of March until the 15th of May
Please send your application by email to: