Interested candidates are requested to:
- Submit the CV and cover letter to [email protected].
- Subject of email should be the position title "Project officer" .
- Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Project Officer will be responsible for the operation management of the basic assistance and food security under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer
- The Project Officer is responsible to implement all Basic Assistance and Food Security activities based on the project’s objectives and to follow the PCM cycle; planning, organisation, implementation monitoring and evaluation.
- The Project Officer is responsible to ensure that all project/s activities are implemented in good quality and quantity as well.
- The main projects in this sector are the followings:
- Winterisation food and non-food item distribution;
- Ramadan seasonal project food distribution;
- Qurbani seasonal project meat distribution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management:
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, community and liaison with beneficiaries.
- Regularly review and update the project’s work plan.
- Ensure the project remains ‘on track’ to achieve the project work plan and objectives.
- Implement project activities and ensure the good quality and quantity of the project/s outcomes.
- Identify, facilitate, coordinate and when necessary deliver targeted training to the Humanitarian activators, assistants and partners and provide regular coaching activities.
- Willing and able to travel frequently for extended periods to remote areas of the projects or any other place directed by the Programme Officer.
- Collects and reports information regarding the overall situation of the beneficiaries in general and the projects targeted beneficiaries.
- Maintain regular written and oral reporting with the Programme Officer.
- Develop and maintain project records such as monthly reports, attendance sheets, success stories, data base and records of decisions.
- Regularly report to his/her direct supervisor about any difficulty met in IRL activities implementation.
- Submitting daily updates, weekly and monthly reports to the Programme Officer on the targets achieved and the progress of the project activities agreed upon in the detailed work plans.
- Reports any breaches of neutrality, even if not true, to the Programme Officer with a clear analysis and investigation of the breach.
- Prepare and share coordination meeting minutes and staff meeting minutes with the Programme Officer and all staff involved
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Regular monitoring of field activities for the successful and smooth implementation of IRL projects.
- Facilitate and coordinate with IRL monitoring and evaluation officer and enable him/her to reach all documents needed and meet the beneficiaries as required.
- Staff management:
- Coordinate weekly meetings for coordination and evaluation with the Humanitarian Activators and Assistants.
- Logistic, Finance and Administration
- Coordinate with the admin, finance and the logistics departments to ensure that the needed means and tools are available for the running of the project.
- Respect and follow IRL and donor policies and procedures, ex; procurement, supplier quoting and stock control...
- Ensure regular liaison and coordination with both the logistic and the finance department following IRL organogram hierarchy.
- Ensure the adherence to IRL policies and procedures on annual leave applications, sick leave, other leaves, delays in attending work…
- Ensure regular and punctual follow up of the project’s budget expenditure and forecasts through the AX system all the time.
- Coordinate with the media department and facilitate their work.
- Follow and respect the security policy, guides, and instructions.
- Report any security event or incident to the security focal point for any incident that might took place in the working environment all the time.
- Communication and networking
- Works directly in the field with children, families, and stakeholders of the project locations he/she is allocated to.
- Is IRL focal point in the communities and represents the organisation.
- Attends sector Working Groups and other internal and external meetings as required and needed in coordination with the Programme Officer
- Supports and assists in the network mapping of resources specific to the locations he/she operates in.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with partner organisations, donors, politicians, key government officials, civil society groups, religious groups, NGOs, INGOs, CBOs, media outlets, etc.;
- Identify potential partners and discuss the possibility and the level of partnership with the Programme Officer.
- IRL policies;
- Ensures a strict adherence to IRL Child Protection, Media, and security policies at all times.
- Report any branch or misconduct he/she might observe and hear to the HR department ASAP.
Islamic Relief considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. With a zero-tolerance approach Islamic Relief have is committed to safeguarding people within our programs and projects from Exploitation and Abuse which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Any candidate offered a job with Islamic relief will be expected to sign Islamic Relief Safeguarding Policies and code of conduct alongside to their contract of employment
This job description may change based on the situation in the field. All staff are expected to show high level of flexibility in order to respond to the ever-evolving situation. Furthermore, he/she can be required to perform other related duties as identified by his/her supervisors.