Interested candidates are requested to:
Submit the CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Subject of email should be the position title "Finance Manager'" .
Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Regular liaison and engagement with Country Director, CMT, Partner organizations, Regional
Team, Regional Desk Coordinator, external bodies and IRW finance team.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY Scope of the Role:
Finance Manager has overall management responsibility for IRW’s finance in the country
Of posting to maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the office and sub-office operations in accordance with IR guidelines, national legal laws. The post holder line manages finance related staff. Any decisions that impact on the country operations in relations to finance issues are referred to the CD.
Responsibility for Resources:
Reporting to Country Director and dotted lines with RFM, the Finance Manager has
responsibility for the management of the country finance resources. The post holder will be managing departmental budgets as well as overseeing and providing quality assurance for all country office budgets and expenditure. The position holder is responsible to provide local management reports and service delivery as per standard and responsibility matrix.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic
values and principles of fairness, transparency, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
1- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
· Maintain systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the field office and sub-office operations in accordance with guidelines provided by
IRW and internationally accepted accounting standards
· Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in safe and secure conditions in the field office and sub-offices
· Provide IRW with complete, accurate and timely financial reports, including institutional donor reports where required for all projects implemented in the field office, in the required formats
· Maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions incurred by the field office and sub-offices as part of project implementation and other related costs
· Maintain effective control over cash and bank, and ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records. Ensure that the field office and sub-office funds are adequately managed
· Provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to the IRW Finance
· Assist and support the Program Manager/Head of Programs and CD in ensuring that field expenditures meet Islamic Relief and institutional donor requirements and
Remain within the approved plans and budgets
· Assist and support the Programme Manager/Head of Programs and CD in the preparation of budgets for project proposal and annual field office budgets
· Ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control systems for the field and all sub-offices
· Liaise with external auditors, government departments, banks, Region, IRW etc. regularly
· Manage and undertake local internal audits of the field and sub-offices including implemented projects
2- STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING:
· identify the needs and support development of staff and partners to increase their competence in preparation of Finance internal reports, donor financial report in
Alliance with IRW & donor’s reporting requirements.
· Build the capacity of national staff to reconcile AX ledger entries to the Budget Versus
· Provide guidance and develop the Finance staff of the field office and sub-offices
· Participate in the recruitment process and carry out job performance appraisals for all staff reporting to the Finance Manager.
· to represent IR in forums and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same time.
· To Build and strengthen significant relationships among relevant government departments, banks, auditors, donor etc.
· The Finance Manager will, from time to time deputise for the CD as per need.
· Participations as permanent member in Country Manager Team (CMT), Procurement committee meetings and any other internal forums as per need.
· The Finance Manager is expected to spend a minimum of 40% of his/her time in the project sites and with the team in the field.
It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
· BA Degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA will be an added advantage.
· Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA/ CCAB) or equivalent internationally recognized accounting qualification
· Knowledge of ERP Systems, AX Dynamics will be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non- financial managers and write and discuss proposals and budgets and grant administration in English with institutional donors and other relevant parties
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Financial management
· Ability to manage and supervise finance staff in multiple and remote locations
· Ability to think strategically
· High degree of computer literacy
· Ability to adapt to new situations and needs
· Ability to develop and build capacities of staff
· Disposition of a team player
· Ability to work independently and provide initiative in improving finance function
· Ability to build / establish good working relationships with different people in diversified environment
· Written and oral Communication Skills
· Working under pressure and priorities effectively
· willing to travel to remote locations and in difficult terrains
· Problem solving Skills
· Culturally sensitive
· Demonstrate the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self- management and awareness
· Previous experience of working in diversified environment, preferably with an INGO