Interested candidates please send CV to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
Job Location: Beqaa - Zahle
The Logistics Support follows ups on gathering quotations, and fleet management, as well as office and Guest House maintenance. He/she also assists in asset management, stock inventory and fleet management.
- Support in the procurement process through gathering quotations, identifying new suppliers, and keeping proper filing and documentations.
- follow up and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Support in running market assessments and update suppliers list per base.
- Handle vehicle service requests and ensures that the fleet is checked and maintained regularly.
- Follow up on speeding tickets and scratches/accidents to collect the necessary payments in coordination with Admin and Finance.
- Ensure that vehicles are insured accordingly and report any incident on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper documentation of the vehicle lease, insurance, ID, mechanical inspection, etc.
- Support in conducting a monthly physical inventory on all IT related assets in the base and centers.
- Support in conducting a quarterly physical inventory on assets and furniture in the base and centers.
- Supports and follow up on maintenance and track of assets and office equipments such as AC, Laptops, Printers, etc.
- Support in preparing the monthly Logistics report to management.
- Follow up on maintenance of base office and guest house.
- Perform any other related task requested by management.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the project. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired).
- Monitor fuel consumption limits and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates. Calculate the personal usage of fuel consumption.
- Handle vehicles driving permissions (updated) for related staff and ensure that all drivers have on their possession relevant driving documentation such as clean driving licenses.
- Monitor on weekly bases the requirements for the guest house and maintenance needed and follow up with expats on it.
- Conduct induction for new staff on Car’s SOPs, and INTERSOS assets usage.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of procurement processes
- Knowledge in car and office equipment maintenance
- Proficiency in MS office (word, excel...)
- Driving licence issued since more than 1 year
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context
- High level of integrity and understanding of procurement ethics
- Planning & organisational skills & able to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability