Interested candidates please send CV to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
Job Location: North Lebanon - Tripoli
The legal supportwill be responsible of assessing the legal needs of households, identified through the initial assessments conducted by protection monitors in their outreach activities. He/she will conduct in depth legal assessments in order to identify specific legal needs and will offer counseling on the spot, when applicable. He/she will be also responsible of identifyingcomplex cases in need of assistance or court representation, conduct the needed assessment and prepare all the required documents to be referred to INTERSOS legal assistant and lawyers for implementation and completion or externally to other agencies. The legal supportwill be in charge of following up the cases, at the HHs level, until the different legal needs identified are met.
- Family Law
- GenderBased violence and Child Protection
- Legal identity including obtaining civil documentation necessary to access rights and services (birth registration, marriage registration)
- Citizenship and statelessness issues related to displacement
- Conduct interviews with beneficiaries in order to assess legal and urgent protection needs;
- Provide legal information to beneficiaries on main legal issues encountered;
- Identify, prepare documents and refer cases in need of legal assistance or representation to INTERSOS legal assistant and lawyers or externally to other agencies;
- Ensure coordination and synergy with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing;
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness;
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the assistance provided;
- Be available to provide basic legal support for urgent cases;
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected;
- Be available to participate in meetings and workshop/trainings;
- Accomplish any other task not here listed if necessary, to the project’s achievement.
- Conduct in depth legal assessments of vulnerable cases, identify the legal needs and offer counseling on the spot when applicable.
- Refer internally and externally beneficiaries identified, in need of legal assistance or representation after preparing all needed documents.
- Design, develop and timely submit weekly work plans of the visits in the project areas as well as weekly reports.
- Plan and facilitate awareness sessions for the Refugees community on different legal topics.
- Be present twice per week in Halba office to maintain equal support and assistance provided in both governorates
- Report on a daily basis the achieved activities on the Legal tracking sheet.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of legal cases specifically Legal representation cases.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Previous experience in humanitarian work (working on refugee related legal issues)
- Familiarity with international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge of civil documentation issues and procedures, legal status and residency renewal process of refugees
- Knowledge on how to communicate with vulnerable population groups such as women, children, youth, elderly, disabled and refugees
- Knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules
- Computer/IT literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, Internet etc.)
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context
- Reporting skills
- Driving License issued more than one year ago
- Good level of planning and organizing
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discrimination attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Analytical thinking.
- Very Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to move across the assigned project areas and to spend extended periods within communities.
- North Lebanon