Senior Education Officer
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before November 22, 2018 on https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&i...
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
The Education Senior Officer will provide project implementation support, and coordinate the implementation of project activities. He/she will be supervised by the Education Field Manager, and will work closely with the Education team in Bekaa and Beirut. She/he will ensure quality education delivery, supporting the education officers in the daily implementation of activities, having regular meetings to determine the progress and identify gaps and challenges in terms of curriculum, learning materials, attendance, safe space and community engagement.
- Prepare and follow up monthly activity plan in accordance with the project goals
- Ensure deliverables and targets are met in coordination with the Education Manager
- Communicate regularly with project manager to seek technical guidance and expertise regarding project related issues
- Ensure procurement requests are presented on a timely basis to facilitate timely implementation of field activities
- Identify convenient locations for undertaking education activities in Bekaa
- Assist in recruiting field staff and provide the needed technical support in the preparation during the implementation of education activities
- Monitor the implementation and the progress of the project according to the objectives, plans, and budget by working closely with the Education Manager
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, ensuring a friendly and professional working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, observations and challenges with the Education Manager
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with other education sector organizations
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probation reviews and annual performance reviews
- Plan/coordinate and oversee staff work plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities
- Assist in managing and monitoring monthly expenditures and tracking budgets
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required
- Produce/contribute to internal weekly reports
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Bekaa Education Manager
- Position directly supervises: Education Officers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: ERD/Child Protection/WPE department officers
- External: other NGOs working in education in Bekaa
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, a Teaching Diploma or related field is a must
- Experience working directly with education programs as a teacher/trainer (public or private)
- Experience in working with communities
- Experience in working with children and organizing activities is a plus
- Working experience in an NGO is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a team
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Positive and professional attitude , including ability to work well in a team and an ability to handle pressure
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory. French speaking is a plus
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, and coordinate multiple tasks
Working Environment: Field based in Bekaa, with at least half time spent traveling to IS camps and non-formal schools, meeting with community leaders, and half in the office in Zahle processing work and reporting with the team.